Where to get the best deal on Orlando Park tickets?

(15 Posts)

We always used ATD as well. Just to say that if you are planning on going to Discovery Cove then the 14 Day Ultimate may not be the best deal as a Discovery Cove ticket includes entrance to SeaWorld and Aquatica.

ruby1234 Wed 29-May-13 14:49:38

Well I'm in Florida now! grin
We bought the ATD tickets, 14 days unlimited Disney and Universal, I think they were around 350.00 each. We also got the Planet Hollywood meal vouchers - use them, they were ace! We got priority seating (no waiting, and the general wait was over an hour), the food was great, hooooge portions, unlimited drinks. Four of us ate for absolutely nothing, they even let us use the $10 extra food voucher for desserts. (Do leave them a tip though). We visited the PH in Downtown Diseny after a day at nearby Typhoon Lagoon water park.
Remember to factor in $14 a day for parking at Disney parks, and $15 for Universal, although the Disney water parks have free parking.

lynne999 Sat 25-May-13 20:07:35

We found virgin holidays website the best at the time and u could add it to your hol booking. Stopped the worry bout fraudulent sites too smile

Groovee Uruguay Sat 27-Apr-13 14:48:38

We got the Planet Holly wood voucher but won't use it. We also got Airboat tickets this time. Can't remember last time as it was 6 years ago.

We were £1420 for tickets as dd and ds are over 10 now sad

DrHolmes Sat 27-Apr-13 13:56:29

Ohhh well that's us just bought the tickets. £955 later!!!
I see on the confirmation e-mail we are getting a $10 Planet Hollywood voucher, 2 x Free Planet Hollywood Take One Meal Ticket (not sure what these are) 1 x Florida Mall Shopping Voucher, 1 x Guide.

Did you get these kind of things plus the freebies you say in your last post Groovee?

Groovee Uruguay Fri 26-Apr-13 09:02:28

ATD sent us a lovely folder with a ticket holder for the tickets, we got free airboat ride tickets too and something else.

Last time they sent us autograph books and various other freebies. I like them and they offered a deposit which secures your price and you can pay it up.

DrHolmes Thu 25-Apr-13 20:44:26

There are so many combinations it's confusing! But we are just going to go the whole hog and pay for the big one on the Attraction ticket direct site so that when we are there we dont have to worry about paying for parks if we feel like going.

So annoyed about the card decline fiasco though, it's happened to 2 people at my work in the past too.

The site says they do send the real ticket so another bonus. I agree, I don't want to be faffing around in a queue to exchange an e-ticket into a real one when i could be looking for Mickey Mouse!

Hulababy Thu 25-Apr-13 20:14:25

We used Undercover Tourist and got best deals at time. There are not that many proper deals around tbh, though there are different tickets available for UK than in US which can work out better - generally the more days you want, the better deal you get. We definitely wanted actual tickets and not paper ones which you have to exchange on first visit.

Groovee Uruguay Thu 25-Apr-13 20:10:59

Ah what a nightmare DrHolmes. We've never had a problem with using our card online or over the phone with them.

mummytime Belgium Thu 25-Apr-13 13:53:03

I bought Disney tickets from the Disney site, and they had the best price at the time (for UK residents only).

DrHolmes Thu 25-Apr-13 13:47:22

Grovee we decided on that site and were going for the passport at £455 then our payment failed as the bank thought it was fraudulent, called to ask us, we said it was us and they stopped the card! So now have to wait on new card to be delivered first sad thanks for the tips.

Groovee Uruguay Thu 25-Apr-13 07:56:06

I've always used Attraction Tickets Direct. We got free Boggy Creek Airboat rides when we got the Universal/Disney Combo they offer. Prices can change due to the exchange rate.

I like Brits Guide to Orlando and google the DIBB and Disboard for good forums for asking questions.

DrHolmes Wed 24-Apr-13 07:53:42

What is the book and dibb site? I have asked my holiday planner to see if they get discounts. I think the Orlando passport from orlandoattractiontickets.co.UK is best at £435 which is 14 days unlimited at all Disney, universal as well as seaworld, aquatica and bush gardens. What do you think?

mummymeister Tue 23-Apr-13 20:52:46

we used attraction-tickets-direct. to be honest there are no real deals as both Disney and universal hold their tickets close to their chests. sometimes you get a deal if you book their accom but it is so much cheaper to book your own self catering its a swings and roundabouts situation. have you got the book yet and been on the DIBB site? this might help.

DrHolmes Tue 23-Apr-13 18:26:20

Going in Oct and want to be organised.

There are so many websites slling tickets I don't know where to start.

So, I am asking you..where did you get your tickets from?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now