Using your iPad in the USA - cellular data need it to work...

(4 Posts)
Sally14 Mon 29-Jul-13 07:48:25

I've been in the US or two months so far backpacking with my daughter. Using an iPad everyday. I only hook upto wifi no need for anything else. In the US they have wifi connections everywhere. I've been at 30 hotels/motels/hostels and they all have it. Even city centres have a outdoor wifi - http://sallyhutchinson1.wordpress.com/

BreakfastCricket Mon 08-Jul-13 11:35:13

Just back from California and answering my own Q.

We ended up going to a T Mobile shop and for $45 dollars got a 4 week duration sim card that gave 3.5 Gb of data. That was the cheapest we found.

I believe you have to stick with Verizone, AT & T or T Mobile for Apple products, the first two stores we went to couldn't help.

Having the iPad with us was wonderful and in fact we bought a mini one when we were there as it was £40 cheaper than in UK. Also got a spare Belkin USB charge cable for about £12 in Target

NatashaBee Mon 22-Apr-13 16:04:23

I use H20 wireless for my cellphone here in the US - a Best Buy store would be a good place to start, they have lots of different prepaid plans and credit for sale.

BreakfastCricket Mon 22-Apr-13 15:45:58

I have an iPad 2 wifi+ cellular with no regular data package... I just occasionally buy £10 pay as you go cards from 3.

I'm assuming when I arrive I need to buy something similar. What have others used? Really grateful for your response. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now