Using your iPad in the USA - cellular data need it to work...

(4 Posts)
BreakfastCricket Mon 22-Apr-13 15:45:58

I have an iPad 2 wifi+ cellular with no regular data package... I just occasionally buy £10 pay as you go cards from 3.

I'm assuming when I arrive I need to buy something similar. What have others used? Really grateful for your response. Thanks.

NatashaBee Mon 22-Apr-13 16:04:23

I use H20 wireless for my cellphone here in the US - a Best Buy store would be a good place to start, they have lots of different prepaid plans and credit for sale.

BreakfastCricket Mon 08-Jul-13 11:35:13

Just back from California and answering my own Q.

We ended up going to a T Mobile shop and for $45 dollars got a 4 week duration sim card that gave 3.5 Gb of data. That was the cheapest we found.

I believe you have to stick with Verizone, AT & T or T Mobile for Apple products, the first two stores we went to couldn't help.

Having the iPad with us was wonderful and in fact we bought a mini one when we were there as it was £40 cheaper than in UK. Also got a spare Belkin USB charge cable for about £12 in Target

Sally14 Mon 29-Jul-13 07:48:25

I've been in the US or two months so far backpacking with my daughter. Using an iPad everyday. I only hook upto wifi no need for anything else. In the US they have wifi connections everywhere. I've been at 30 hotels/motels/hostels and they all have it. Even city centres have a outdoor wifi - http://sallyhutchinson1.wordpress.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now