NYC. Never been want to go next year. What budget will I need to have a good time?

(4 Posts)
OrWellyAnn Thu 18-Apr-13 11:11:40

Want to go for four or five days. I'd like to stay somewhere I don't have to travel too much to see museums and do a little shopping, but also close to some good restaurants.
I'd love to be able to eat out (relatively healthily for most meals) and perhaps really splash out for one evening meal with somewhere special.
We've never been so I'm a total NYC virgin! I'd love to know which areas rock, which restaurants left you dying to go back and how much you think is a sensible budget to go and have a great time without having to worry too much about budget the time! Please share your wisdom with me. smile

everlong Sun 21-Apr-13 18:40:46

We are going this Summer for the first time so some tips would be great smile

Hulababy Sun 21-Apr-13 18:43:28

We stayed in a hotel on Lexington Ave, one of the DoubleTree hotels. Was an excellent location and reasonably priced too. Right next door to a subway which was handy.

everlong Sun 21-Apr-13 18:45:35

We've booked the hotel and bought a book on things to do/see but that's it so far. Keep picking the book up then putting it down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now