Gap year travel

(3 Posts)
YouDontWinFriendsWithSalad Fri 19-Apr-13 13:41:50

Hello, I don't know about Real Gap but a young friend of mine has done three trips with I to I and really rated them. It's one of the more expensive options but she couldn't fault them.

specialsubject Thu 18-Apr-13 13:03:15

it's just another package tour, so she can look on Tripadvisor and get some guidebooks from the library. She should sort out her vaccinations if needed and her 24/7 DEET insect repellent.

it is tailored for youngsters - fast paced, active, no air-con, basic accommodation which will NOT be quiet, etc. It also includes voluntourism -this can be contentious and she should look into it.

if this is the one that includes Koh Phangan, the full moon party place, she also wants to research that to see if it is her kind of thing, and how to keep relatively safe at the event. (which involves a lot of drink, drugs and an ocean full of excrement...nice...)

xxxxStellaxxxx Wed 17-Apr-13 16:15:47

My 19-year-old daughter wants to travel to/within Thailand in July. She is thinking of booking an organised trip via Real Gap. Does anyone have children who've travelled with this company? Any reviews good or bad? And do you know which are the best companies for gap travel? Any advice much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now