How to pack a car seat to be checked in?

(7 Posts)
whatsleep Sun 28-Apr-13 19:15:04

I read on one of the airline advice links that its best to wrap it in see through bags as the baggage handlers are more likely to handle it with care if they see its a car seat.

Thank you for the good advices,

We will leave the car seat with our relatives, so we only need to pack it once,

I think I will use the bin bags and tape method, and strap a pack of nappy in (I didn't think of this, very clever)

yetanotherworry Thu 11-Apr-13 20:44:50

I've used black bin bags and some staff will film wrap it for you (when it separates into 2 pieces as you try to check it in).

preggersbycheggers Thu 11-Apr-13 20:15:14

We bought a bag from kiddicare too. Be warned though they don't last. But for £15 it will probably do a couple more trips.

EverybodysSootyEyed Thu 11-Apr-13 20:11:21

we have used a few methods

1) A big box and shoved in loads of blankets & ds' booster seat etc
2) Used the clingfilm wrap service at the airport
3) Bin bags and tape (make sure you take binbags and tape in your luggage for the return!)

the last was fine - meant the seat didn't get dirty - also strapped a pack of nappies into the seat and bulked it out with a blanket and armbands/other swimming stuff etc

difficultpickle Thu 11-Apr-13 20:05:17

You can buy bags to put it in. We got one from Kiddicare. Or you can just hand it in as it is.

We are flying with eithad next week, and we need to take dd's car seat with us.

How do you pack it without the original box?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now