virgin flight upper deck economy

(11 Posts)
sannaville Wed 20-Mar-13 11:25:02

Hi all flying with virgin to Mexico in summer. Just wondering if anyone has ever flown on their upper deck before in economy and if its better than the lower deck as I've heard it is? Also do the disembark first or last? Thabks

Pagwatch Wed 20-Mar-13 11:34:21

You mean Premium Economy?

It's the same space etc as premium economy downstairs. We usually try and book it as it can be a bit quieter for DS2.
You get on before economy and after first class. Get off after first class and before economy - same as if you are in the main body of the plane.

homebythesea Wed 20-Mar-13 12:41:02

Some upper decks are shared betweenpremium and Economy. If you get the chance of upstairs bite their hand off- much quieter, more staff and less competition for the loos!

Ilovemyteddy Wed 20-Mar-13 12:48:17

Flew economy on Virgin to LA a couple of years ago and managed to get seats on the upper deck both ways. Was fab - quieter, more room and YY to smaller queues for the loo. IIRC we got off after First Class and before the people in the main body of the plane.

sannaville Wed 20-Mar-13 13:03:23

Excellent thanks guys! I meant general economy as they have premium economy and economy seats on upper deck. I can check in after midnight on 31 May so will be sitting up late that night to get good seats!

Pagwatch Thu 21-Mar-13 09:31:35

Oh OK. I have travelled virgin about 10 times and there has never been economy upstairs. I didn't know they did that. Sorry my info was duff.

sannaville Thu 21-Mar-13 11:23:14

That's ok pag smile

Ive been on virgin many times too and i didnt realise either that there was economy upstairs.
Maybe it depends on the plane?

loveulotslikejellytots Thu 21-Mar-13 11:33:48

We flew back from Vegas last week. They had both premium and normal economy upstairs. It was quieter, we had a night flight as well so it seemed more private. If both loos were working on our flight there wouldn't have been a queue but one of ours was broken. Agree with there being more staff.

It's also quieter because you are sat in front of the engines (apparently). The only thing I was going to say was we chose our seats about 3 months in advance. You might be lucky though, I'm not entirely sure how it works!

SW1XMother Wed 03-Apr-13 01:15:36

If there is a shared economy / premium economy on the upper deck try to get the front row of the economy seats. My friend did this on her flight to Vegas and she didn't have to pay extra.

sannaville Wed 03-Apr-13 17:46:49

Excellent thanks for that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now