Caribbean holiday - Help...too many choices

(9 Posts)
Wilso Sat 06-Apr-13 13:21:45

Sounds like something we are looking for too! We've been to st lucia and it's lovely but such a long transfer.

malteserzz Fri 05-Apr-13 14:22:44

Yes do a cruise ! Fab kids clubs and a different island most days ! A fantastic experience

Clueless2727 Fri 05-Apr-13 12:24:17

St lucia is beautiful, but unless you stay in the one hotel near the airport(can't remember the name) the rest of the hotels are over an hour transfer not great with young kids. Antigua has beautiful beaches. What about a cruise? Get to see all the islands. P and o have fantastic facilities for kids

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 20-Mar-13 20:23:03

Gah just realised my typo. Morgan Bay is in St Lucia!

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 20-Mar-13 20:13:21

To add my girls are 6 and 2 (were 5.5 and 1.5 last summer) The big one loved kids club but I didn't leave the little one as she's clingy. There were definitely smaller babies there though and as the club was quiet even though it was school holidays there was a good ration of carers to children

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 20-Mar-13 20:09:49

We went to Morgan Bay Beach Resort in last Lycia last summer and the kids club there took them from babies. The same was true of Almond resorts in Barbados. We haven't been to Antigua post kids but I'm sure there will be family friendly hotels there too. There is a long transfer time to the resorts in St Lucia, about 90 mins along winding roads so would probably recommend Antigua more. The beaches are much nicer in Antigua too.

Fluffy1234 Wed 20-Mar-13 14:52:50

I think the Almond resorts in Barbados take children as young as a few months in their clubs. I haven't been but have stayed at the sister resort Almond Smugglers Cove in St. Lucia which had childrens clubs but I didn't use them as my DC were a bit older than yours.

knitterati Wed 20-Mar-13 13:27:23

Shameless Bump! In a similar situation and keen to hear suggestions! smile

NickyMaree Tue 19-Mar-13 15:43:26

Wea re planning a 10 day holiday to the Caribbean, preferably Antigua or St Lucia. We have 2 children, age 6 and 2. So the most important consideration is the kids club as we are desperate for a couple of hours a day of couple time!!!!! There are so many place to choose from and I feel overwhelmed.
Can anyone genuinely recommend a resort based on experience......(bearing mind some kids clubs only accept children from 3 or even 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now