Prescription meds to Dubai / Abu Dhabi

(7 Posts)
SweetieTime Wed 06-Mar-13 21:15:29

We have booked a trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in a few weeks time (so excited). But we are worried about taking prescription meds with us. I currently take Diazapan for flying and am on fertility meds (HRT) both of which I need to continue taking while there.

Should I take a photocopy of the prescriptions? I am due to get both before I go but will need to use the prescriptions to get the meds. Also any advise on normal meds in our first aid kit such as headache tablets, anti sickness, anti histamines etc.

Dolallytats Wed 06-Mar-13 21:19:16

You will probably need confirmation from your GP and also depending on what the drugs are will depend on if you can take them into certain countries. It might be useful to contact the appropriate Embassy and they will be able to advise you.

specialsubject Wed 06-Mar-13 21:23:16

check you have nothing with codeine in -serious trouble in Dubai.

SweetieTime Thu 07-Mar-13 17:43:22

I will check for Codine and have a word with GP about other meds see if they have any advise.

QOD Thu 07-Mar-13 17:46:51

Make sure you take the in the original packaging as well with the prescription sticker stuck on.

kelly14 Thu 07-Mar-13 21:45:34

My parents have lived in dubai for 8 years, so have travelled there for months at time since my dd was 5 months old (now 8) i had PND so took anti depressants there, i have had dislocated my knee and taken tramadol, and also had a blood clot so travle with syringe needles of clexane! i have never been stopped in 8 years and do at least 4 flights per year!

as long as you have a prescription and doctors letter just incase (my doctors have never charged for this) then it doesnt matter if its on banned list or not!

SweetieTime Wed 13-Mar-13 18:19:41

Thanks for all the tips, I have copied all my prescriptions and got letters from the Drs. I will keep all the tablets in the original boxes etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now