hotel in singapore - can you recommend any?

(6 Posts)
preggersbycheggers Thu 28-Feb-13 14:53:23

The reason I ask is because if she is flying with Singapore Airlines then they have great rates at hotels in Singapore. She can call reservations direct and add it on to her booking.

JimmyTarbuck Wed 27-Feb-13 17:14:08

Thanks for your replies. I will find out who she is flying with.

specialsubject Tue 26-Feb-13 17:14:30

Albert Court is nice but pricey, or South-East Asia has a great location and was good without being luxurious.

bonbonpixie Mon 25-Feb-13 23:32:10

Really depends on the amount of money your mother wants to spend. Singapore has many luxury hotels. Personally I find both The Mandarin Oriental and The Conrad to be very good. These are closer to the CBD. The Mandarin Orchard is positioned right off the main street and may be better for shopping and restaurants. If money is not an issue perhaps she would enjoy The Fullerton or Raffles, both are luxurious without the design hotel feel. (also Sunday brunch at the Fullerton is to die for!)

preggersbycheggers Mon 25-Feb-13 22:53:58

I have stayed many many times in the Fairmont Singapore. Great location and super hotel.

I have also stayed at the swissotel merchant court which again is a good location but may be slightly cheaper.

Who is your mother flying with?

JimmyTarbuck Mon 25-Feb-13 20:04:34

My mum is going to Australia in April, travelling alone and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel for her to stay in for her 2 night stop over in Singapore. She is 70 so doesn't want a budget backpacker type place. Any ideas gratefully received as I am concerned she is just going by photos on the net with no knowledge of the place at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now