Dubai - what to wear for friday brunch?

(17 Posts)
MrsGubbins Sat 23-Feb-13 17:59:50

there's a Bice in Souk Al Bahar morethan so that's the one with fountain views, Bice a great choice if you like seafood

morethanalltheteainchina Sat 23-Feb-13 17:53:33

I know of a Bice but its the other end of town to the fountains. I would definitely make sure you see the fountains at Dubai Mall though, they are spectacular.
Also a tip - if you want to go up Burj Khalifa, book online beforehand, it's nearly a quarter of the price.
When you go for brunch, try and get to Al Qasr a bit early so you can have a wander around, it's a lovely resort with great views of Burj Al Arab etc

MrsGubbins Sat 23-Feb-13 17:51:04

I'm not a teacher NonnoMum but look here for some information about schools and also this a good forum

NonnoMum Sat 23-Feb-13 17:08:58

Anyone a teacher out there? Seen some jobs advertised and v tempted...

Mosschops30 Sat 23-Feb-13 17:07:01

Thanks morethan I can't wait

Bit stressed about my tablets, I have a copy of repeat prescription but is that enough? Terrified of spending 4 years in a Dubai jail confused

Other than that über excited.

Someone has recommended Bice to eat and watch fountains. Is this a good choice?

morethanalltheteainchina Sat 23-Feb-13 05:50:43

Al Qasr is the best brunch in Dubai IMO. I normally wear a dress and wedges (not heels because you will be getting up quite a bit and if you are anything like me, I'm a bit wobbly in heels after a few glasses of champagne!)
Also sunglasses if you are going to be sat outside!
Enjoy, it's a real experience.

Mosschops30 Fri 22-Feb-13 20:47:35

Thanks for all the tips smile

kelly14 Fri 22-Feb-13 08:29:18

Yes you will have your table for the whole time (think its 12- 12.30 till 4 at al qusar) What resturant are you sat in? you will get a map on arrival lol

Yes they usually always have live band towards the end, and everyone will be up and dancing!

I dont think i am best person to ask about pacing! you rarely see anyone leave sober!! alot of drinking goes on!!

pacing yourself food wise i would say walk around lots first and decide all the things you want to try , i dont have big dinners as such but loads of bits and pieces (so lobster, prawns, sushi, satay chicken, some noodles, all the little canapes etc)

Do not do what most tourist do and go straight for a big plate full of roast dinner (have never got that, people go for the one thing they have at home evry week when there is a million different things to try!!)
as you will be full straight off and not get to try all the other stuff.

Mosschops30 Thu 21-Feb-13 22:59:22

Oh and do they always have a live band?
Sorry for all the questions

Mosschops30 Thu 21-Feb-13 21:28:54

Wow kelly it sounds amazing!

Do you get to keep your table all day?
How do you pace yourself?

kelly14 Thu 21-Feb-13 18:25:43

Maxi dress is fine if that is what you are comfortable in.
Make sure you go in to every resturant not just where you seated and make sure you go to all the outside cooking stations as they are fab! and try every cocktail station!!!

Mosschops30 Thu 21-Feb-13 13:37:19

Stupidly excited gringringrin

Mosschops30 Thu 21-Feb-13 13:36:43

Maxi dress be ok?

kelly14 Thu 21-Feb-13 11:17:14

My fav friday brunch! spemd every xmas day here!
Its definately one of the more dressy brunches, everyone makes an effort, most woman will be in dresses all done up, so i always wear a dress and heels.
My mum will sometimes wear linen trousers depending on weather but i would go for a nice dress and heels

JoandMax Thu 21-Feb-13 07:20:08

I would wear smart white trousers, nice top and jewellery... Smart casual basically!

I'm moving to Dubai in 6 weeks and planning my new wardrobe at the moment

Mosschops30 Thu 21-Feb-13 07:15:34

Bump

Mosschops30 Wed 20-Feb-13 18:12:59

Going to Al Qasar, what do you wear?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now