please give me some ideas, exciting holiday, 5 of us and budget of £5000

(13 Posts)
triplets Tue 19-Feb-13 10:35:20

We want to go to Florida..........but in Aug its too expensive. Any ideas of something exciting, an adventure with 3 teens? Open to all ideas, what I don`t want is 2 weeks on a beach or round a pool......I love to explore! Thank you.

sannaville Tue 19-Feb-13 13:20:52

Dom rep was fab we did horseriding through the mountains where the horses gallop through rivers and over rocks , dolphin swimming, catamaran all sorts. We stayed at Riu hotel on north coast but south coast also lovely.
Cape Verde has beautiful beaches but not much else to do

Wishiwasanheiress Tue 19-Feb-13 13:31:08

I'd still do the states. Multi town trips can be extremely good value out there. Often comes with great upgrades. Why not LA, San Fran, dallas or Washington, NY? Really extend it by stopping in Iceland on way out or back as shortens flights and is an amazing place in spring.

drwitch Tue 19-Feb-13 13:39:38

I'd get the eurostar to paris book a filght back from Madrid two weeks later and then just explore and do cool things on the way ; surfing in biaritz, moutain biking in the pyrenees, pigging out in bilbao or san sebastian etc

Fluffy1234 Tue 19-Feb-13 14:17:39

I took my DC to Rio last Easter and then flew to Iguassa where we stayed in a rain forest in Argentina. That was a good adventure holiday, even managed to pop to Paraguay for a morning which was definitely an experience!
Another suggestion is California, again so much to do there

Fluffy1234 Tue 19-Feb-13 14:20:01

Another suggestion is Cape Town. Lots to do and see there and so beautiful and good value once you are there plus no jet lag.

givemeaclue Tue 19-Feb-13 15:53:11

Cuba? Costa Rica? Sri Lanka?

miggy Tue 19-Feb-13 15:56:23

tobago, loads to see and do not just beach
Thailand did this last easter on similar budget, jungle safari, elephant sanctuary, cookery course, camping in national park, Bangkok, not a beach in site.
Kena-safari, again if you do it privately could get it in budget

ShirleyB25 Tue 19-Feb-13 16:07:52

Sorry , but I'm just jealous and think you have too much money sad Maybe I should have got a better job quite a long time ago eh? If we did have that to spend on holidays, I'd either go to Mexico or do whale watching off Baja

triplets Tue 19-Feb-13 21:48:34

We don`t have that much money Shirley its what my lovely Mum left me. My dh has been battling cancer for 5 yrs and is now in remission so at last we can get someone to cover him for insurance, extortionate though, almost £600 fo a three week holiday. The last time we flew and had a proper holiday was in 2008, the kid were 9 and we toured California/Nevada and Arizona with them, its was amazing. Just can`t do it now on that sort of budget, the flights alone come to around £4000. ! Thank you all for the ideas, am going to explore them smile

homework Sat 23-Feb-13 11:56:38

Agree with Sri Lanka or even India , reasonably priced , cheap whilst there , could even do a private tour for your money . Wonderful experience for your children. Loads of interesting things to see and do .

suebfg Sun 16-Jun-13 18:49:00

Can you not get somewhere in Orlando at that price?

newfavouritething Tue 18-Jun-13 07:28:33

You could get to orlando with that budget. Shop around for flights and car-hire, you should be able to get them for £2.5k. Cheap motels with a pool are £20/room/night plus your £600 insurance leaves £1400 for park tickets (fab 5 for £1000) and £400 for food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now