Which car seat for a BA longhaul flight?

(6 Posts)
tubbyridesagain Mon 18-Feb-13 15:08:55

I have spent ages trawling the internet to try and find out which car seats comply with BA's policies, but it seems no one has actually answered the question saying what seat they have used successfully!

And BA won't comment.

I see the Britax Prince fits within the 45cm x 45cm dimensions and is suitable for a 2-point lap belt as needed, but being a seasoned flyer, I'm a bit worried about how to actually fit the car seat with an airplane seat belt. It fastens in the middle of your lap, not at the side like a car lap belt, so can you actually secure and tighten these?

Anyone out there been there and done that? Can you please advise??

kalidanger Mon 18-Feb-13 17:12:00

BA have one or two seats that have the belts adjusted to accommodate car seats. But you don't have to get a seat - BA do provide them;

www.batraveltrade.com/trade/family-prepare/public/en_gb?gsLink=searchResults

Why take it? Not necessary really.

I would not take my own car seat, its really not necessary. Carrying it down the narrow aisle to the seat will be a challenge in its own right.

Carolra Mon 18-Feb-13 21:20:36

We took our dd on a BA long haul flight when she was 8 mo. they gave us a fixed baby seat that secured to a pull down table in front of the seats for the flight, we put our maxicosi cabriofix in the hold for free... Don't think I've ever seen anyone use a carseat on a plane but I don't fly all that much! To be honest, she found the flight a bit traumatic so she ended up spending most of the time wrapped around me, not that I minded 9 hrs of cuddles smile

EldonAve Wed 20-Feb-13 11:12:31

Don't do it, you don't need it and it's a pain to carry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now