Travel to India with 3 month old

(4 Posts)
OllyLewis Thu 14-Feb-13 14:16:03

Thanks guys, really helpful advice.
He's being breastfed so that shouldn't be a problem. I suppose the question is how much we want to put ourselves through it...
thanks again though

Goldensunnydays81 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:19:15

Hi I took my ds to Sri Lanka when he was 2.5 months old for 3 months and although dh is from here it wasn't too bad! Has got a lot harder the older he has got he is now 2 and into everything!!
So although it isn't India I can imagine very similar!
Ds was formula fed so we just brought all formula with us plus a cold water streriliser and tablets plus a travel kettle and brought a flask when we got here!
He also had to have his bcg but I'm not sure if that's because he is half Sri Lankan! He then had one set of immunisations in Sri Lanka and the rest a bit later!
There is a fab mossie cream called Mossi guard which can be used from 3 months the only one my chemist could find but it works brilliantly!!
I would say go and have a great time grin

Greywacke Thu 14-Feb-13 12:12:14

I don't think they will give immunizations other than the standard ones until baby is 18months. We are off abroad shortly and I was told this.

By then your lo should have had their first two rounds of vaccines.

Is your lo breastfed or formula? I would think the trip would be easier of breastfed.

You also need to consider how much stuff you will end up needing to take with you. Do you have a passport for your lo, if not that would need to be a priority, first passports take a lot longer than renewals.

Personally I am not sure I would have done that trip when DS was 3 months, but obviously the choice is yours.

OllyLewis Thu 14-Feb-13 09:25:14

Hi,
I have a friend's wedding in April, when lo will be 3 months. Does anyone have any advice for this? I don't know whether its actually a good idea, with immunisations etc. Which ones will he need? Can't seem to find any official information anywhere.
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now