Hi All, I have to travel to Tampa or Orlando on Business and I need accomodation / Car hire / I will have two spare days just me! Come and make some recommendations

(5 Posts)

Hi All

I am going to be travelling to Tampa / Orlando (more likely orlando)on Business.

I will need a HUGE car actually think more likely a van to hire for a week (paart of my job) I need to be big, maybe even transit size

I will need accomodation, prefer a house on an estate (Have to come and go at stupid times of the day and night + I like my independance) 2 or 3 bed (but I will just be me and MAYBE 1 other adult) would like a pool, aircon etc. Don´t really need to be near any theme parks!

I have two days that will be my own, so I was thinking out doing some shopping at an outlet (Someone recommended Bells outlet???) and I would quite like to do a theme park / water park But NOT Disney Magic Kingdom (Couldn´t do that to DD)!

I know NOTHING about florida so tell me everything good and bad! I will need places to eat (I eat anything)! Walmart etc.

HELP much appreciated

Shameless Bump!

Dont leave me to tripadvisor!

MOSagain Wed 13-Feb-13 13:50:52

Hi, my first warning is to ensure you have an international driving licence. The law has just changed and you now MUST have an international licence (see my thread about important information).

What time of year are you going? This house is in a nice residential area approx 2 mins from Highway 192, 4 miles from Disney. http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/usa/F1895.htm
I know you don't want parks but its really close to everything and depending on time of year you'd get a good deal on it. It has a private pool and of course AC.

My favourite mall is Premium Outlets off SR 535/I4. There are lots of designer shops there and you'll get some good deals.

For good deals on cars, look at www.tripwheels.com

Groovee Uruguay Sun 17-Feb-13 15:56:26

I've been recommended the Alamonte mall. But we liked the ones at Lake Buena Vista last time too.

Hollybe Sat 09-Mar-13 22:59:36

Hi we go to Florida on holiday two or three times a year now, we always use www.ownersrentals.com to book our accommodation. We absolutely swear by them, we've been using them for many years now to book our holiday rentals, and they have probably the best selection of places to stay in Florida.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now