Disneys Dolphin hotel?

(15 Posts)
triplets Sun 03-Feb-13 15:13:20

Hi been offered a good deal with flights, but concerned as to food costs as there is no kitchens. On their web site b/fast in one of their restaurants came out at $22 each x`s 5!! Haven`t been over sice 2006 so I think in for a shock. Any tips on cutting costs? Being in disney and not having a car means they`ve got you!

givemeaclue Sun 03-Feb-13 15:54:52

Self catering villa rather than a hotel?

triplets Sun 03-Feb-13 16:02:10

We have done a villa before when the kids were younger, now having three 15 yr olds they want more to do in the evenings and I don`t want to cook every night. Its difficult.

sppp Sun 03-Feb-13 16:09:40

We're going to the Dolphin next week, also a family of 5. There are about 17 restaurants and they are not all $22 for breakfast! Very excited!

They have a pantry delivery service which shows that you can get 4 different cereals and 2 pints of milk delivered to the room for $6 with no delivery fee. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. They also seem to have quick fast food type restaurants open 24 hours and I'm sure (hoping) they won't be that price.

triplets Sun 03-Feb-13 16:19:14

hi............are you having a roll away bed in your room? my trio are 15 so its 5 adults really and thats my concern too. Do you mind me asking who you booked with, I have just read some bad reviews about the comp who have offered us this deal. Can you see all the dining options there we could only find a few giving prices.

sppp Sun 03-Feb-13 16:42:43

We've booked with Virgin. 8 nights, over half term, room only, but including car hire and Virgin flights is costing us £4k, but we booked last Feb. Just to give you an idea to compare with what you've been offered.

Our youngest is 6, so not bothered about a rollaway bed. If you look at the hotels own website it doesn't give prices for the cheapest restaurants, but I'm planning on being out early in the parks (that's the main advantage of this hotel, you get into the parks before the general public) and not having proper sit down meals three times a day.

triplets Sun 03-Feb-13 16:47:50

We have been quoted £5500 for 5 of us, Aug dates, thats flights and room. Now unsure about the company!! Phoned Virgin this morning and they don`t have any economy flights left in Aug!

sppp Sun 03-Feb-13 17:08:17

How many nights was that price for?

triplets Sun 03-Feb-13 17:17:22

14 nights 12-26th Aug. i know its a really good price but do I trust Netflights, reviews are not good.

sppp Sun 03-Feb-13 17:33:44

Have a look at this, it's the 24 hour cafe in the Dolphin.

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=465

Hope it works, I've never tried a link before

StickyProblem Sun 03-Feb-13 17:55:07

The Dolphin is also near the Boardwalk which has some slightly cheaper cafes (I think) as well as a burger stand.

I am just back from the Dolphin but I was at a technology conference, it was a standard hotel room, you couldn't particularly tell you were at Disney. I wanted to point that out because you might expect all the Disney hotels to be targeted at families, but the Swan and Dolphin are somewhat different.

Room was nice and I should think a rollaway wouldn't be a problem from a space point of view.

triplets Sun 03-Feb-13 19:44:39

Thank you stickysmile

StickyProblem Sun 03-Feb-13 23:47:17

No problem triplets smile I would stay there for a holiday no question.

mummymeister Mon 04-Feb-13 11:46:44

£5500 for 5 of you just to be in a hotel. you could stay in a villa, take taxi's in and out everyday and it would still be way way cheaper. plus you have all your own space. we stayed here sunset lakes at £100 a night in August it is a huge place and only 10 mins from disney plus you are cooking for yourselves. villa costs are a lot cheaper this year as USA has the same housing market crash we do and with lots of places to choose from prices have come right down. just come back from Orlando and paid just over £70 a night for a massive 5 bed villa with lake view, swimming pool and all the bells and whistles. we have taken taxis in from the villa before and not as difficult/expensive as you might think to do it without a car.

shoesforever Thu 14-Feb-13 13:27:13

sppp- please come back and tell us how you got on and any tips x My DH just booked us into The Dolphin on Monday with Virgin and we are going in July with our 2 DS's. Am very excited but he did it as a surprise and my head is spinning with ideas of how to make the most of our trip. I was expecting to go when our DS's were older, they will be 5 (turns 6 in August) and a 3.5 yr old and hope its not to soon for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now