Oz - medicine restrictions

(4 Posts)
MoetEtPantsOn Sun 03-Feb-13 09:00:26

You can definitely get nurofen here. Calpol is a good idea (and i always have a few sachets in my clear liquids bag for security) though because we don't have that and children's Panadol tastes awful.

Usually they'll let you'd take on the plane what you might need during the flight as long as bottles under 100ml.

Calpol is definitely ok. If in doubt declare it on your landing card and show them. They'd much rather that than it becoming and issue if you don't.

You can get piriton in Australia. As well as paracetamol and nurofen.

specialsubject Sat 02-Feb-13 19:13:08

here's your list for Australia

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4369.asp

can't see anything relevant but you'll need to check - sudofed contains pseudoephedrine which is prescription-only in Oz, so don't be too certain you can buy it there.

Should be something similar for Singapore.

unless it breaks the liquid/gel/paste thing, ALL medication should be in hand luggage unless it is not an issue if the hold luggage gets lost.

permaquandry Sat 02-Feb-13 16:24:19

Does anybody know if I can do take the following into Oz (with Singapore stopover):

Prescription
Citalopram
Sumatriptan

Non-prescription
Calpol
Nurofen for children
Piriton for children
Paracetamol
Sudafed max

Also, I plan to take a small amount of the meds in my hand luggage and the rest in my hold luggage (sachets of kids stuff under 100ml). Is is better to take all in hand l?

Not so concerned about the para and the sudafed as will prob can get alternative out there but the kids need the piriton and only calpol and nurofen seem to work on them.

Will I need a docs letter for the prescription and need to declare all of it at customs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now