Hire car insurance for Florida

(4 Posts)
mummytime Sat 02-Feb-13 14:23:52

Definitely take you own seat, not only cheaper but safer and more comfortable in my experience. Just bought a big bag for ours, when the children were younger.

For the insurance you need to see what is included in both. A tank of petrol is useful, highway pass is if you are touring, not so much if you stay in Orlando.

Thevelveteenrabbit Sat 02-Feb-13 14:14:51

Take your own carseat - check with your airline but the last twice we have flown to the US we took our own car seats and they were free.

alemci Sat 02-Feb-13 11:08:06

we tend to book the car online from here separately. usually use Alamo which always seems quite reasonable.

does seem very expensive on the car insurance. Is the car insurance through virgin, do you know who your car hire is with when you get there? could you contact the car hire firm here and query the cost.

what you are paying in car insurance is usually what we pay in car hire, however my DH works for an airline so it does give him some discount but even so.

If fact my yearly car insurance here is cheaper - rip off springs to mind.

MamaGeekChic Sat 02-Feb-13 11:01:08

Help please, heading out to Orlando in April, have car hire included in our package with virgin but it seems that there are 2levels of (very expensive) car insurance fully inclusive at £300 or platinum at £400, is the lower one sufficient? They also charge £60 to hire a carseat sad that's more than ours cost to buy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now