Disneyland New Orleans resort

(7 Posts)
wannabestressfree Thu 31-Jan-13 14:22:55

Actually the food wasn't rubbish. Depending on the food plan you can eat fairly well.
Universal is good just factor in the money for the cabs. We did Universal, Disney, Discovery cove etc.....

googlenut Wed 30-Jan-13 14:12:34

Ooh now you've made me doubt my choice of just doing disney this time. What do others think- will 2 weeks just a disney satisfy a 12 and 10 year old - as we are on site was hoping we could come back and rest and then go for evening shows. Also getting the dining plan thrown on for free - know the food will be rubbish but it's such a big bill with 3 kids thought this wan worth having.

mummymeister Wed 30-Jan-13 12:54:43

we have just come back from florida. our dcs are 14,12 and 10 and they far preferred universal to disney as the rides are more suitable for them there is Harry Potter world etc. disney is aimed at the younger age group so your 12 and 10 year old might not be as happy as your 14yr old. There are other things to do like evening shows so if only there for a week then there would be enough to do just on disney. whatever you do the weather will be better and you will have a fab time im sure.

wannabestressfree Wed 30-Jan-13 07:10:21

There is a jazz bar and you can buy alcohol smile
The taxi was expensive.... About 80 dollars.
Don't do legoland..... It was too far out

googlenut Tue 29-Jan-13 20:36:48

Thank you - sounds great! How much was a taxi to universal? Also is there a place nearby for grown ups to have a glass of wine grin

wannabestressfree Tue 29-Jan-13 19:56:42

We stayed there in October half term.
The rooms were fairly spacious with two double beds and a curtained off area with double sink etc and then the bathroom. I found this ok for me and two children but not sure if they do larger rooms.
We were there for supposedly 10 nights [turned into 14 due to hurricane] and there is loads to do. The buses go from the front of the hotel to the disney parks and there are taxi's available that go to Universal. If I booked it again I would just do disney and maybe seaworld. The bonus of being 'on disney' is that you can come and go and it really was enough. The pool is fantastic there and there are films shown every night on the grass.
Oh and a lovely boat takes you to downtown disney :}

The food was ok. If you can get a disney dining option I would.
You can get take out and there was veg and fruit options.

I got a deal too and thought it was great.

googlenut Tue 29-Jan-13 19:43:20

We've been offered a good deal on this for May. But wondered if anyone could answer a few questions.
Would one room feel too small for 5 of us for 14 days (kids are 12,10 and 8)
We don't get a car but get transfers from airport so would probably just do the disney parks this time (would we get fed up with this and should we cost in doing universal as well)
We also get a meal deal but know the food at the parks is pretty unhealthy. Are there any supermarkets nearby to get fresh stuff and me and Dh are wondering about some wine for the room!
Anyone have any info?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now