Disney tickets - is it all or nothing?

(7 Posts)
MOSagain Thu 17-Jan-13 15:29:55

You do need to buy in advance to avoid hideious queues!
We normally buy our tickets from Kissimmee Guest Services http://www.kgstickets.com/
They are based in Celebration, just a few miles from Disney. The last few trips we've ordered them in advance and then picked them up at 8am when they open on our way to a park. If you spend over $1,000 you get a free goody bag. I've got (somewhere!) a discount code to get money off, think its LOY1 but will double check and come back.

Are you likely to go again? If so, might be worthy buying 7 day Disney passes that don't expire (you pay extra for this option) so you can save any unused days for future holidays. I think the thing with getting a 7 day one for one trip is you get a bit bored towards the end and almost feel forced to keep going to get your moneys worth. I bought 7 day ones years ago and got 7 days water parks too and they lasted for 3 or 4 trips.

theladylovescupcakes Wed 16-Jan-13 22:43:36

Thanks mummy. We've done Universal to death, so that's why we thought we'd do Disney this time. Have only done magic kingdom once, about 3 yrs ago, so it should all be pretty new.

mummymeister Wed 16-Jan-13 03:40:14

Not sure if this is helpful buy my 3 are 10,12 and 14 and have only spent one day at WDW but 3+ at Universal which seems more geared to older kids tbh. you do get multi tickets to the other parks but would say a day possibly 2 is the most you would need with a tween at disney. dont miss philamagic though.

dancemom Sun 13-Jan-13 19:17:50

It is expensive but its Disney, there are so many amazing rides, shows, entertainment, meets, etc that its worth it!

theladylovescupcakes Sun 13-Jan-13 18:55:21

Thanks dancemom. I would definitely be buying them here rather than on the day, due to price and queues!

Just surprised at the fact that it appears to be very much all or nothing. Looks like we'll need to save up a bit

dancemom Sun 13-Jan-13 15:22:31

You can buy one day entry tickets on the day but if you are going to be doing Disney Parks for several days then you are better buying the 7/14/21 day tickets.

Yes the park tickets are expensive.

theladylovescupcakes Sun 13-Jan-13 15:14:56

Going to Florida in October. Have been before, but we're going to do disney this year, having done Universal previously. I've had a quick look at tickets and can only see 7/14 or 21 day tickets, for entry to all the parks/attractions, all very expensive. Is this right? Any recommendations on where to get cheap tickets? There will be 3 of us but as DS is 11 he'll be charged adult prices. Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now