California Disneyland hotel and length of stay

(8 Posts)
beachavendrea Sat 12-Jan-13 09:05:30

No boast! We are heading back to NZ permanently so am making the most of the trip. would actually rather go to Mexico but it's too expensive. Okay that did sound a bit ungrateful!

Bunbaker Fri 11-Jan-13 21:47:22

If you can find the time I would try and squeeze in a trip to Universal studios as well.

AppleOgies Fri 11-Jan-13 21:04:49

Gosh is this a stealth boast? Disney followed by Fiji? Very jealous. smile

beachavendrea Fri 11-Jan-13 20:59:36

We are planning on going end of March. I didn't realise there were walkable hotels! I will definitely check them out.

Bunbaker Fri 11-Jan-13 20:54:07

We stayed at the Sheraton in Anaheim. A courtesy bus service ran between the hotel and Disneyland several times a day.

Earlybird Fri 11-Jan-13 20:45:37

What time of year will you go?

Earlybird Fri 11-Jan-13 20:44:44

Four days should be quite relaxing.

There are two Disney theme parks in California - Disneyland and California Adventure. There are 3 Disney hotels - a budget (!), mid-range, and top of the line (£££).

We have always stayed just off site in one of the nearby, walkable hotels that costs half of the budget Disney hotel. Many off site hotels have regular shuttles too. Check Trip Advisor to read reviews and compare facilities. Also, google 'Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotels' for a list of 'endorsed' hotels.

Any other questions, just ask.

beachavendrea Fri 11-Jan-13 20:37:58

Hi
We are planning to travel to disneyland in california with our three year old and I will be about 6 months pregnant.

My questions are:
Is four days too long? mornings in the park, afternoons by the pool. i thought four days would be long enough to adjust to the jet lag. We are heading to Fiji afterwards. But we could stay longer in california. If there was somewhere nice near anaheim where we could spend a few days.

Is it worth it to stay in the disneyland hotels? how much closer are they than the other hotels? I hate wasting time travelling.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now