Tips for flights to NZ

(5 Posts)
essyroo Fri 11-Jan-13 20:17:52

Thank you for all the tips - it really helps to hear from others who have done it! We're thinking of having two short stopovers, in Singapore and Melbourne/Sydney. Has anyone flown with Quantas?

Tricycletops Fri 11-Jan-13 15:24:05

If you're flying economy I would personally avoid Cathay Pacific; we found the service great but the new seats hideously uncomfortable and I ended up a bit loopy after being awake for 36 hours...

Mutley77 Fri 11-Jan-13 14:43:58

I think with a 7 year old and 5 year old you should be fine with any airline / route really. It all depends on personal preference whether you want to have a stopover or not. Make sure you have appropriate entertainment for them - personally I would take books, activity books, DS/Ipods/tablet/laptop etc and not be totally reliant on the inflight entertainment.

We have done the Australia flight with our children at ages 8 wks, 15 months, 24 months, and 5 years. The trip with my DD at 8 weeks was by far the easiest. But otherwise 5 years was fine - do be prepared for jet lag though although there's not much you can do to avoid it.

JetlagandMayhem Fri 11-Jan-13 14:30:36

It does depend where you want to stopover... but I do absolutely love Air New Zealand, the service is great and there's is the most comfortable seat I've found compared to BA, Virgin and Cathay.

essyroo Thu 10-Jan-13 10:34:38

Hi! We're hoping to visit family in Wellington in March and have never done such a long journey before! Any tips of best route/airline with a 7 and 5 year old will be very welcome! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now