Mozambique

(3 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Fri 11-Jan-13 17:20:03

Thankyou, that looks beautiful. Love the idea of turtles and whales. Will definetly try to see if I can get there!

Sariska Thu 10-Jan-13 22:59:45

Saw this yesterday and meant to reply to tell you about the Quirimbas archipelago. It's in the north of the country so not so near Maputo, if that's where you are, but might be do-able.

Anyway. It's a marine reserve with the most amazing wildlife (including humpback whales and turtles at some points of the year) and opportunities for diving, snorkelling, sea kayaking and deep sea fishing. I stayed on Quilalea. It's a bit of a mission to get there - flight to Pemba on the mainland coast (not to be confused with Pemba in Tanzania), light aircraft to one of the bigger islands in the archipelago and then boat to Quilalea but was definitely worth it.

If you google Quirimbas there are various travel articles from the Guardian etc that might be worth a read.

Hat ever you do, I hope you have a fantastic time. I love Africa!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 09-Jan-13 21:58:28

Looks like I might be going to Mozambique, going to do some work out there but could probably stay out there a bit longer than work requires. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for places to visit, things to do, etc?

Just me, no kids.

I think work will mainly be in the capital and/or in places within one or two days drive of the capital. So that part of the country.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now