Strange question about Florida in July/August

(8 Posts)
HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 19-Jan-13 09:54:50

I have been about a dozen times in July/August. Always in a villa and have seen a couple of lizards, some very big odd birds and an armadillo - but never any snakes!!

MarshmallowFarm Wed 09-Jan-13 11:17:12

I'm fine with lizards, it's just snakes for some reason (am not keen on worms either so it might be just the lack of legs!)

Chopstheduck Wed 09-Jan-13 09:10:40

not snakes, but lots of little lizards - would they bother you? They are only about 2" long.

MOSagain Wed 09-Jan-13 09:10:03

grin

MarshmallowFarm Tue 08-Jan-13 19:43:06

Wow thanks MOS that makes me feel a lot less anxious! I am not planning a trip to Gatorland so hopefully won't have any unwanted encounters!

MOSagain Tue 08-Jan-13 15:52:14

Well, only in Gatorland wink

MOSagain Tue 08-Jan-13 15:52:00

We've been the past three years during the summer (august) and not seen any snakes. we were in Orlando but a few years before we went on a road trip from Orlando down to the Keys then up to Naples/Tampa and didn't see any.

MarshmallowFarm Tue 08-Jan-13 10:29:11

This will sound very odd but I have a massive snake phobia and wondered if anyone who has been to Florida in the summer has seen any eg. in gardens of villas etc. We have been to Florida a lot in the winter and never seen any and would now like to go in the hotter months but this question is really bugging me. We would be staying somewhere just North of Naples or South of Fort Myers i think.

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now