LA hotel/motel recommendations

(7 Posts)
AndABigBirdInaPearTree Sun 13-Jan-13 06:09:53

That is really cheap for tourist or naice areas of L.A. I would expect to pay at least $100 a night, probably more.

Dunno if you qualify for Hilton MVP rates but I've got really good rates that way and fast tracked to gold status that way in one trip.

Pitmountainpony Fri 11-Jan-13 21:57:39

Motel 6 you may get that price .no breakfast. Very basic if it is just to sleep.

Have also stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Anaheim and can tell you that it is a nice hotel to stay in. We also stayed in a kids suite with a separate area for us; our child's part of the room had bunkbeds and was a good size.

Fluffy1234 Fri 04-Jan-13 19:31:56

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency Anaheim with the sole purpose of visiting Disney. A shuttle bus is included every hour or it is a really short walk to the parks. We had a kids suite with 2 rooms and a bathroom. I actually booked it on the virgin website and although I only booked three nights accommodation with them for peanuts there was a rep waiting for us with loads of money of vouchers and kids eat free vouchers. It's certainly not in the nicest part of L.A but brilliant for making the most of the parks. The hotel has loads of glass and so is modern and light and has a star bucks or proper buffet breakfast available .

You will not get anything even anywhere close to half decent for £50 per night.

I would look at suite based hotel chains like the Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn and Suites; they usually charge around £90-£100 per night.

Also LA is a vast sprall of a place; if you want to returnto LA to do Disney I would be looking at hotels in Anaheim.

whistlestopcafe Thu 03-Jan-13 19:56:47

We stayed in Travelodge, Santa Monica. I think it is closer to £100 per night but worth the extra as it is only 15-20 minute walk to the beach, includes a light breakfast too.

jenniepanda Thu 03-Jan-13 19:54:01

We are going to Los Angeles in April with 2 children (8 and 6). We're spending a few days in LA itself, then going to San Diego for a few days and then back to LA to do Disney.
Can anyone recommend any hotels in LA? All the ones we've been looking at near Huntingdon beach have dreadful reviews. We're looking in the region of £50 per night and can be all in one room.
Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now