Anyone flown Malaysian Airlines - off to Oz

(11 Posts)
Longtallsally Mon 10-Dec-12 22:02:52

We can save £50 each over Emirates, who I know folks rate quite highly on here. Anyone flown MA? Any good?

Thank you

Longtallsally Mon 10-Dec-12 22:07:35

The flight times are looking better too. smile

BumgrapesofWrath Mon 10-Dec-12 22:11:28

I flew with Malaysian Airlines in 2006 and would say they are one of the best carriers I've flown with.

XBenedict Mon 10-Dec-12 22:14:21

My parents will only fly Singapore or Malaysian Airlines, say they're great although i think they prefer Singapore

clam Mon 10-Dec-12 22:22:08

DH has flown with them half a dozen or so times to KL. I've used them once. They were great.

Longtallsally Mon 10-Dec-12 22:23:35

Squeeks excitedly. grin

RatHammock Mon 10-Dec-12 22:28:33

I flew with them when to Oz when DD was 6 months old (outbound) and 7.5 months (home). 1st flight was with DH, 2nd solo. They were brilliant on both journeys. Thought about upgrading to premium economy for the return journey but that wasn't an option as they only had economy or business and couldn't afford the extra £4k. However I shouldn't have worried as the flight attendants couldn't have been more helpful. They brought me loads of extra snacks and drinks (DD was EBF). I was given a Skycot on each leg of the journey.

I am also eternally grateful to the lovely American girl who sat next to me from Brisbane to Kuala Lumpar. She held DD while I had my food, went to the loo, etc. She also then offered to sit with us from KL to London! I never caught her name but American girl, if you're reading this, thank you thank you thank you!

That sort of flight is a bit like childbirth: it's hell at the time but you forget how bad it was almost immediately! Just hope that you sit next to understanding people and cruise the cabin for lovely grannies who will take your DC for a cuddle! People tend to be nicer than one would imagine. Good luck.

clam Mon 10-Dec-12 22:28:49

Mind you, I have to say that I reckon Emirates have the edge, but not at 50 quid a person more.

givemeaclue Tue 11-Dec-12 13:56:46

Yes, to Malaysia. Very good would recommend. Not flown Emirates to compare though.

kelly14 Thu 13-Dec-12 10:46:00

For the difference of £50 quid each then yes i would go emirates!
I am at my parents in Dubai for xmas and flying out this sunday till after new year and for me and DD that was £1600 with emirates, as oppossed to my friend who is flying out to spend new year with us, is only paying £800 for her and her dd to fly with royal brunai. So more than double for emirates and worth every penny and going to upgrade to business if possible as have lots of airmiles i need to use up.

bulby Sun 20-Jan-13 17:48:45

I'd rate Malaysian airlines over emirates. Also your journey will be split more evenly won't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now