Qatar Airlines - any good?

(5 Posts)
candyflossy Wed 28-Nov-12 09:42:30

Hi, I'll be travelling to Hong Kong via Doha with my family in a month's time. This will be the first time we are flying with Qatar. Is it any good and what about the transiting airport in Doha? We'll be stopping there for 1 to 2 hours.
Thanks.

Wilding Wed 28-Nov-12 09:55:08

I love Qatar Airlines - have flown with them to HK a couple of times. Good entertainment service etc on board and even the food's OK (if you like curry, which I do!). Doha airport used to be awful but they've spruced it up a lot in the last few years. There's not a lot to do as it's quite small but for a couple of hours it's OK.

mortimersraven Wed 28-Nov-12 10:01:26

I flew Qatar via Doha to Sri Lanka a couple of years ago. The flight, entertainment and food onboard were fine.

Doha airport was awful with nothing to do and a tiny food court, very expensive, and as far as I could see, no free drinking water (I'd run out of cash...)

Also an airport worker became aggressive towards me after striking up a conversation and discovering I was travelling alone and unmarried. He said I was a disgrace to my parents and an example of what's wrong with non-muslims. I felt very threatened and alone. sad You'll be OK as long as you're with your husband I guess!

Flown Qatar Airlines and can't fault them. Think of them as a slighter better version of Emirates!

Doha Airport has been refurbished and we had no problems transitting there with two small DC (6 & 3 at the time).

I've flown to bangkok and sri lanka with qatar and both times we found that the first leg to doha was great, and the second bit not quite so good. From doha to sri lanka they only had those tvs that hang from the ceiling (ie not personal!) and they showed 1 short kids film on the whole 7 hour flight. Food good etc, but maybe worth checking what plane you'll be onand packing entertainment appropriately! Hong kong flight probably a bit smarter than the sri lanka one, but still worth checking maybe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now