Asia - maybe Thailand, Malaysia or Indonesia

(8 Posts)
CanYouHearMe Sat 08-Dec-12 22:57:38

It's the same temp in Malaysia all year round. I'd go there, cheaper and easy to get around. Thailand isn't that great for kids, esp early evening if you are wandering about - lots of lady bars. The strange ones come out at night.

SilverAndSparklyKat Sat 08-Dec-12 22:22:57

It's very hot in Malaysia/Thailand at that time. Probably as hot as it gets. Bali has just come out of the wet season so should be green and lush and perfect temperatures.
Have been to all, so pm me if you would like some advice smile

givemeaclue Tue 27-Nov-12 09:31:18

South Africa fits the bill

TellMeLater Tue 27-Nov-12 07:25:08

Or swinging over to the other side of the world - could Chile be an option, the more northern areas of South America a bit a more crime ridden aren't they?

TellMeLater Mon 26-Nov-12 20:06:31

I don't know if we have time for multi stop, although considering pulling the kids out of school for a little bit. Was also thinking about Vietnam.

bulby Mon 26-Nov-12 19:14:33

Thailand is probably the best bet for everything that you want. Malaysia is fab but you'd need to travel around more to get all the things you want also as with Indonesia some areas are quite strictly Muslim and although locals are happy for westerners to wear cossies etc on the beach you may feel a little self conscious if those around you are fully covered. Bali may offer everything you want.
Would you consider a multi stop holiday?
Malaysia is probably best all round for food-it's the thing I miss most about living there!

Lilymaid Mon 26-Nov-12 18:57:47

Bumping this as we are considering a trip to that area next Christmas!

TellMeLater Mon 26-Nov-12 16:57:49

Planning to go next Easter - just looking for an interesting country, good food, kids are nine and want it hot with a swimming pool but are happy to sight see and eat what ever food is offered. Thinking of somewhere in Asia, Thailand probably, I've never been - any idea which areas would suit.

We want the travelling experience, not too hard core though - if that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now