what toys to bring on 9hr flight with not yet walking 14mo?

(4 Posts)
leannac Thu 22-Nov-12 21:47:07

Stickers & stacking cups plus a plastic golf ball to hide inside them. Both were incredibly useful on recent flight with 18 month old

Honesttodog Thu 08-Nov-12 21:09:28

bloody good suggestion! damn, I went past the kids' FARA today. Love the idea of wrapping gifts, just hope they don't request that I unwrap them in customs...

Yes IKWYM about banging but seriously, it's one of his favourite things to do. He even slaps my chest when he's falling asleep.... so I need as many distractions to keep him away from the tray and window for banging purposes....

It is not going to be an easy trip.

mummymeister Wed 07-Nov-12 16:35:49

best advice i had was to go to the local charity shop. buy very cheaply one toy per hour - soft teddy, set of dinosaurs, pencils and paper. wrap each one up and then produce one on the hour for them to unwrap and play with. on the way back wrap again and try and guess what it is. not sure the people around you will appreciate 9 hours of banging smile you will need several of these to get through it wine

Honesttodog Wed 07-Nov-12 11:05:22

he tends to spend his days at home playing with DD's kitchen, opening/shutting doors, and putting stuff in/taking it out etc. or just crawling around clutching something and banging it. He likes to chase balls as well.

What can I bring that will keep him happy while sitting still?? He isn't really into books yet, I will bring a couple but he likes to eat them as much as listen.

he is very noisy too, he really likes banging things - so anything hard will be beaten on any hard surface nearby - he even prefers to hit the ipad rather than watch it...

help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now