Seat reclining issue

(10 Posts)
clam Fri 23-Nov-12 20:26:42

I remember flying back from Dubai once and the man directly in front of me reclined his seat straight after take-off and stuck a 'Do not disturb, not even for meals' sign up. When dinner came, I couldn't even flatten out the seat tray to put my meal on so I asked the stewardess to get him to move his seat. She had to wake him up and he was furious!

specialsubject Mon 19-Nov-12 19:23:55

I've no idea where the anti-recline nonsense comes from - it is really uncomfortable to sit with the seat upright on a long flight. Or even a short one.

seats need to be upright at takeoff and landing (to improve chances of escape) and when meals are being eaten so everyone has a bit more space to wield a knife and fork. Otherwise, seats are reclined if you so wish, just slowly so the person behind doesn't get surprised.

as someone else notes, it is like dominoes, except for the unlucky people who got the seats right at the back.

LittleBearPad Sat 03-Nov-12 18:10:58

Seriously don't worry about reclining your seat. Once the fasten seatbelt light goes off on any planes most people recline their seats. Sometimes it's like dominoes the people at the front recline then the people behind them and so on.

Bunbaker no it's fine You was not being rude at all . I much rather people ask .

Yes they bOokd seats already we have row of three in the middle so I'm on one end easy get into then two dc next to me so they can either go over me or out the other way and I'll apologise in advance if anyone next or behind us . To be fair they are pretty good and probably won't even recline their seats

Bunbaker Sat 03-Nov-12 13:26:40

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound so rude and nosy. I hope you have a comfortable flight. Will you be able to get a window seat so that you don't have to move out of the way for other people to get past?

No Bunbaker

I have to catheter normally 4/5 times a day but since be impossible to do in the tiny loos plus having to be dragged therd will use in dwelling for flight

Ty though safer to check here with people who fly rather than AIBU so thank you and yes it's a given for meals I would sit up . Just the recline changes where the pressure is

Bunbaker Sat 03-Nov-12 09:10:03

"as I won't be able to get out my seat to stretch or even wriggle in my seat"

Not even to use the toilet???

LittleBearPad Sat 03-Nov-12 09:01:02

It will be fine. It's kind of expected on long haul. As long as you sit upright for meals (as otherwise this can be annoying) you'll be fine

mosschops30 Sat 03-Nov-12 08:55:42

Omg i wouldnt mind at all if someone genuinely needed to recline their seat. Hopefully the airline wont put someone behind you with a child on their lap.

There is more room on longhaul anyway.
It only pisses me off when im flying some crappy airline to spain for a whopping two hours and someone in front reclines their seat! But again if there was genuine need i wouldnt mind

Ok I know this is a thorny issue with what people agree is acceptable . But we're flying next year ti Florida

My problem is that at couple points in flight I'm going have to recline my seat a bit ti change position as I won't be able to get out my seat to stretch or even wriggle in my seat and without being dramatic a pressure sorr would be very dangerous to me . and I'm going be first on last of to

So if you was behind me and I explained would that be acceptable ( not while eating etc that's a given bad manners thing )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now