Heated pools in Essaouira- daily entries?

(4 Posts)
caramelgirl Sat 29-Dec-12 19:18:14

Okay, am here at the moment and spending a long fasting evening on internet (traveller's tummy anf pregnancy not great combo for peace of mind)z
Atlas (along beach from Medina) and Sofitel Mogador have heated pools. They are 200dh (~£16) 250dh respectively and seem to charge same for children.
Hotel des Iles has coldest pool ever: 50dh children, 75dh adults.
Ocean Vagabond: we were told free if you dine there. We dined but still paid 120dh adult, 60dh child.
Tbh failure to find a heated pool at reasonable price has been a bit of a drag but beach is amazing. Very friendly place and minimal hassle. Very relaxed place, doesn't feel like has changed too much in a decade!

caramelgirl Sun 21-Oct-12 14:50:23

Ooh, thank you very much. Appreciate the information. May well revert back with more queries once have admired your FB page!

mikanqueen Fri 19-Oct-12 16:40:42

The following hotels in Essaouira have pools: Atlas, Hotel des Iles, Ibis, Ryad Mogador, Villa Quieta, Riad Zahra. All are outside the medina walls. All charge something like 80-120 dirhams entry per day, I am not sure if they heat them in winter.

I recently went to the pool at L'Aquarelle, which is a gorgeous country guest house just outside Essaouira (get there in a big shared taxi). The owners were talking about closing over the winter, but as it's inland it's much warmer and less windy than Essaouira itself. Try them: www.aquarelle-essaouira.com (pool was 70dh per person/day, eg £5).

More info and photos of L'Aquarelle on my website/Facebook page: www.maroc-o-phile.com (I am British and have just moved to Essaouira). Mail me via the site if you have other queries.

caramelgirl Mon 08-Oct-12 19:40:19

As the title says really.
Off to Morocco for Christmas. Hoping to find a heated pool that DD can use. I heard that you can pay hotels for access. But can't find any so far.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now