Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

Groovee Sun 30-Dec-12 09:55:01

Plipplops we had the same problem with Ds not eating last time we went. Then we went to golden coral and he stuffed himself. He ate much better off site than at Disney. We're in a villa this time round but have always had a car as we like to shop and explore. Will be odd not staying at Disney x

plipplops Fri 04-Jan-13 14:51:16

Think the only two proper meals she ate were at Tony's (from Lady & the Tramp), and at Universal we went to a normal italian and bless her she stuffed herself! We found there was so little choice at WDW if you stick to the quick service places (which we did as the table service places were soooo expensive) that they both really struggled...

Groovee Sun 20-Jan-13 18:45:27

Have ordered our tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct. £10 pp deposit and can pay up as I am £200 short on paying right out for them. We got the 14 days disney ticket and 14 day universal 2 park one.

NoillyPrat Wed 23-Jan-13 19:45:17

Me! grin We're going to Port Orleans French Quarter in 39 days! smile I've been once before in 2011, stayed in Animal Kingdom Lodge for our honeymoon. Dh went when he was a child. I'm SO excited grin

NoillyPrat Wed 23-Jan-13 20:00:23

Just read the rest of the thread. I'm even more excited now grin We did our ESTAs today, was panicking a bit but was all okay. Not long to go smile

Groovee Sat 26-Jan-13 12:21:51

oooh not long at all xx

loopyluna Sat 26-Jan-13 14:35:01

Phew, we've booked at last! Staying at the Hawthorn universal for 11 days in April. Had a bit of a panic about the hotel being under renovations but Expedia have checked and say all is ok but we can switch to Enclave Suites if we have any further doubts...
The "biggie" for my 13 and 11 year olds is Harry Potter, closely followed by Kennedy Space center and my 7 year old will love Sea World as she's a big fan of dolphins and penguins.
I'm going to get orlando flex tickets for both Universals, Sea World, Aquatica and Busch gardens. Hoping to get a day at Clearwater beach and a day at Cocoa beach (DH, DS and DD1 will do space centre and I will collapse onto the beach with DD2 and hopefully meet up with friends from Miami...)
Only thing is, all of this in 11 days will make it tricky to get to Disney. I don't think that's a big deal as we live near Disneyland Paris and go there regularly. Do you think a wander around Downtown Disney and maybe an afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon would do the "Disney magic" fix? Or will they hate me forever for not doing a Disney park?!
Vvvvvv excited now grin

triplets Wed 30-Jan-13 14:24:04

Can I join in? Just nervously put 5 seats on hold for 2nd Aug. Dh just got an all clear ct scan for cancer, so now we can get travel insurance, exhorbitant cost though.Cannot afford to stay in Disney property, would love to, there are 5 of us. Need to find accomodation in a really nice resort, within walking distance to shops restaurants etc, or with on site facilities. Any recommendations please?

sleepdeprivedby2 Thu 07-Feb-13 13:11:07

Hi, we have just booked our flights for April. Now they are booked it is like it is really happening and I can begin to get excited [Grin]

Has anyone else stayed at the Bahama Bay Resort before as the place we stayed in last time have now said that we can't use the resort pool (World Quest Resort), I don't fancy trying to explain that to my 6 and 4 year old when the pool is right in front of them so looking for suitable alternatives and this place looks quite good.

Also does anyone know if the character dining experiences at the resort are just open to the resort guests or can anyone book. It is my DS's 4th birthday whilst we are at Disney so was looking for something special to do on that day.

Thanks

I'm so jealous of everyone on here - we've been to Disney for our last 2 holidays but won't be back for a while - getting married next year so need to save some money!!!
Triplets we stayed on International Drive last year at the Rosen Inn - really nice restaurants in walking distance & shuttle buses to the parks available as well.
Hope everyone enjoys their holidays

angelfire Sat 09-Feb-13 15:31:20

Another family going at Easter.
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have already booked villa - friend of dad's
Can anyone help with the following

1. Best place to get park tickets. Need 5 days Disney + 3 days Universal
2. Have 5 days at end of Disney to go to beach. Heard St Petes and Clearwater are v busy. Saw Anna Maria Island but someone in my office says it's boring and we should try Sarasota instead. Are the beaches there any good?

KinkyDorito Sun 10-Feb-13 17:12:53

Hello again Disney gang!

For months I didn't think we'd manage to do it this year. DD has still be very poorly. She is due to finish chemo in April, so she will have 4 months off treatment before we go. She will still be considered disabled then, so need to get in touch with Disney and see what we need to do about passes and things. She gets fatigued really easily and will probably need a wheelchair. Plus, we are going in the worst of the heat which won't help.

I'm having to wait to book travel insurance until she finished as it is really, really expensive whilst she is still a cancer patient. It will still be a bomb, but not over £1000, which is what it would be to take it out now.

I've spent several hours today booking meals and creating a spreadsheet. I feel like such a nerd!! I want to do this properly.

We won't mention the fact we are supposed to be flying on a Dreamliner. They are the ones that keep being grounded. confused

So, two weeks at Animal Kingdom Lodge in August. Bring it on!!!!!!! grin

KinkyDorito Sun 10-Feb-13 17:14:16

Triplets You are going on the same day as us smile.

CockBollocks Mon 11-Feb-13 18:57:29

Ten weeks till we go smile

The balance was a bit painful though!!

NoraSpect Wed 13-Feb-13 14:56:07

17 days 'till we go eeeeeeek! So excited grin

Groovee Fri 15-Feb-13 07:48:30

Sleepdeprived you can book any disney dining from 180 days before you go and I recommend that you do book.

132 days and we'll be at the airport. 32 days we're telling the children that we are going.

roughtyping Fri 15-Feb-13 07:59:33

Oooh I posted back in September saying we couldn't go.. Booked up this week for next July grin soooo excited!

Groovee Fri 15-Feb-13 10:57:51

yay!

KinkyDorito Sat 16-Feb-13 08:48:06

grin

Expecting some lovely trip reports soon then! Exciting!!

Hulababy Sat 16-Feb-13 08:53:47

On my way right now!!!!

On the drive to the airport, leave at lunch time.
Only going for a week his time and never been at this time before. Normally go for a fortnight in August.

We will have 6 full days and have 6 park tickets - 4 Disney and 2 Universal.

Can't wait!

NoraSpect Sat 16-Feb-13 19:43:18

Have a great time, Hula smile

Hulababy Sun 17-Feb-13 02:50:47

I'm sure we will.
Great flight over. Was v impressed by the newer VA planes. Dd loved the entertainment.

Now at the villa. Cooler day tomorrow so doing Hollywood Studios. Supposed to warm up after that.

KinkyDorito Sun 17-Feb-13 08:48:16

Enjoy Hula. Pleased your flight over was good. smile

roughtyping Sun 17-Feb-13 08:54:01

Have a fantastic time! Glad to hear about VA - that's who we'll be flying with. Very envy about Hollywood Studios - my absolute favourite! Enjoy!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 17-Feb-13 08:58:24

Hope you are having a wonderful time.

We are going at the end of July, can't wait!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now