Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

Landed just after 9. Horrific turbulence so didn't sleep at all. 2/3 hours of the drive home done.
So jet lagged!

Groovee Wed 28-Aug-13 13:12:28

Hope you recover quickly Pickled x

roughtyping Wed 28-Aug-13 17:21:18

305 days to go smile can't wait! All excited smile

ssd Wed 28-Aug-13 17:29:29

have any of you here done California? how does it compare with Florida?

All unpacked. We went to bed at 730 last night and got up at 1030am!
It's raining hmm and we are back to work/school next week.
Is it too early to start planning for summer 2015?

MOSagain Thu 29-Aug-13 13:23:29

pickled sorry you had such an awful journey.
Am starting to regret my decision to fly back the day before DD goes back to school. Sounded like a good idea at the time! They are currently sleeping to about 2pm UK time. Should be fun!

Never too early to plan. I've already decided not coming back to Florida next year. We've done it the last 4 or 5 years, need a break. Thinking of something completely different like camping in the UK. Think the kids need a touch of reality/normality. They have too much and are in danger of turning into brats! grin

Pickled

Nope im already thinking about how. Sorry had bad flight back

Mos im plannibg send mine to school day after. Well then I can go back to bed

I feel fine today Mos so I'm sure it'll be okay.
You could let them sleep in and take them in late?

Groovee Fri 30-Aug-13 11:14:59

Glad you are recovering ok Pickled.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 30-Aug-13 15:43:04

I think the same sometimes mos my girls have only ever been to Florida and don't realise how lucky they are!!

Next trip here after florida is saving as me and Ds2 planning Russia trip

Has anyone been at Easter? Or is summer better?

Groovee Sun 01-Sep-13 13:41:28

I think Easter tends to be really busy with brits. Spring break is usually in March for the US schools. I liked May, if I could go in May that would be my ideal choice.

9 days to we fly

October is the other option. I get two weeks off (independent sector) but I'd have to take the kids out of school for a week which I can't bring myself to do. I guess it'll have to be summer.

Feeling very jealous.

We'll need a new thread soon to plan our next breaks smile

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 01-Sep-13 20:21:23

Yes, we're fortunate DD gets two weeks off in October, so we're going there in October 2014. The bonus is being there for the Halloween celebrations and decorations.

googlyeyes Tue 03-Sep-13 09:54:31

Just back yesterday after a tortuous night flight where no one slept a wink. Looking at the kids' grey, shattered faces afterwards I really regretted deciding to return so close to them going back to school, but luckily they all slept 11 hours last night and though a bit groggy this morning, I'm hoping all will be fine for tomorrow.

We had an amazing time, and I hope the memories get us through the long winter to come!

We went in April last time, and I have to say I much preferred it this time, in late August. The Easter hols are definitely high season, and we felt it! As the American kids have gone back to school late August it's not considered high season anymore, and that made an appreciable difference, we found. The only up side to April was the lack of storms! It was a pain sheltering in gift shops for up to an hour until the torrential rain subsided. We were advised to take waterproofs/ umbrellas but the rain is so heavy I don't think those help much! And our flight yesterday was delayed after a huge storm hit and the airport was rocked with thunder and lightning...

googlyeyes Tue 03-Sep-13 09:55:20

Oh, and it was v strange seeing the Magic Kingdom decked out in Halloween decorations in August! Excellently done though

Tiredemma Tue 03-Sep-13 10:06:43

just popping out but will post about Easter at Disney when I get back. it was hell.

Groovee Thu 05-Sep-13 17:06:09

I wanna go back!

I do too. I don't want to wait until 2015.

Groovee Sat 14-Sep-13 17:29:52

Hope everyone who is out there is having fun x

Crowler Fri 20-Sep-13 10:52:27

We're going to Disney! Just booked.

It seems as though I'm being asked to pick between a 7 day pass or a 14 day pass when I go to the Disney website. I probably want 4. Is this possible?

Groovee Fri 20-Sep-13 11:08:26

You'd need a magic my way pass. I think if you call them you will be able to sort it out. Where are you staying?

Groovee Fri 20-Sep-13 11:08:47

Or Attraction Tickets Direct will be able to help if you call them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now