Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

May try and book last minute for the Peter Pan firework cruise if there is availability. Do you think it's worth the $?
Salad plans failed. We've ordered pizza instead (10lbs heavier at least!)

No availability ... And still waiting for pizza 1 hour 30 later hmm

MOSagain Sun 25-Aug-13 01:30:25

We tried to book the firework cruise the first day here and no availability for weeks. Pleased managed to book a proper pirate cruise for next week in Clearwater. So looking forward to relaxing days on beach.

Wondering whether to try to bully Dh into IOA tomorrow am

Is Wet and Wild the same as aquatica? Wondering whether to do it tomorrow instead of a day at the pool

MOSagain Sun 25-Aug-13 02:35:18

Don't think its as good as aquatica but depends on ages of kids. Mine are 4 and 6 and prefer aquatica as has beach area. Not as much for little ones at w and w

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 25-Aug-13 09:04:16

Aquatica is much better, my dds love it more than anything else in Florida!

Decided to give W&W a miss on your advice.
Pool today instead then to fireworks at MK

Which you ladies would say is better blizzard beach of typhoon lagoon

2 weeks today till airport hotelgrin

I haven't been to either..
Fly home tomorrow. How do I adjust the kids back to uk routine? They didn't get up until 2pm today UK time!

MOSagain Mon 26-Aug-13 19:47:11

I like both although not been for a few years, the last few years we've done Aquatica which the kids love.

Did IOA this morning and timed it just right, heavens opened just as we were on our way to the car park. Lazy few hours in the villa now then out for dinner WITHOUT KIDS! YAY! cleaner is babysitting for a few hours, woohooo, japanese restaurant on Celebration here we come grin

Have a fab time Mos.
We're going back to Maggiano's tonight for our final supper. Yum!
Started packing. The extra case I've bought is full.

Groovee Mon 26-Aug-13 21:01:25

I prefer Blizzard Beach but a lot of it is steps. I felt claustrophobic at Typjoon Lagoon.

Have fun Mos.

MOSagain Mon 26-Aug-13 22:21:21

Safe journey home pickled
So looking forward to some beach time

Ah ty Groove that almost rules it out for me as steps and wheels not good combination

Pickled im thinking meltonin when get back

Mos

Might look at aqutica next trip

2 weeks today

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Tue 27-Aug-13 10:51:27

I have started planning for next year, week in a villa, 3 nights at universal and 4 nights in Clearwater. Just got up work out how to pay for it all!!

MOSagain Tue 27-Aug-13 13:49:34

That sounds good HokeyCokey a few days in Clearwater is just what you need after doing parks. Where are you staying? We looked for a nice villa in Clearwater and gave up and booked a hotel in the end after making enquiries with 5 villa owners who advertised on Owners direct. It would be nice to get a recommendation for future years.

Tiredemma Tue 27-Aug-13 13:57:37

Excited. Making plans to return in four years (yes I know its a long way off!!)

will be watching all threads with enthusiasm.

AnneEyhtMeyer Tue 27-Aug-13 14:24:09

416 days until I go! It sounds so long, but when I booked it was over 500 and it seems to be coming down quickly.

I just saw the start of this thread and (under another name) I was a couple of weeks away from going on our last trip. That seems so long ago now, but was less than a year ago.

Groovee Tue 27-Aug-13 19:03:59

I don't think we'll be going back until 2019! sad

Here we are, half a bottle of wine later ready to board.
It's been amazing. Thank you all for your advice and tips. It's made a massive difference.

AnneEyhtMeyer Tue 27-Aug-13 23:15:09

Safe trip home, Pickled!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Wed 28-Aug-13 07:37:41

Not sure yet Mos, will go for a hotel though. Still researching, will let you know if I find anything worth a look.

Groovee Wed 28-Aug-13 08:13:18

Safe trip home Pickled x

Groove

Yup be a while before I be able to go back. But going enjoy this one

Hokey next time I like a villa but need a driver come with ne its a bugger they have no public transport

Pickled hopefully landed and on way home now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now