Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

Turniphead1 Tue 30-Jul-13 09:08:13

Fairyegg - thank you for your detailed review. Really really helpful.

Kinky & HC - good luck!!! Very jealous you are off so soon. Hope you get all logistics sorted.

Very interested to see how ME works too!

Yeah good luck I would hire if needs from someone outside park as otherwise can only use in park thru do give a transfer ticket for other Disney park

Where if hire then can use resorts as needed . Think place in dtd can hire .

Can I just scream that can now say we go to WDW next monthgrin

KinkyDorito Thu 01-Aug-13 20:59:01

Feeling tense. In 12 hours we will be at the airport. I am stressing I have everything; I'm stressing how DD will manage; I'm stressing about DS and the flight.

I'm hoping a that my fears will be unfounded and we get to celebrate the end of DDs cancer in style.

See you in a fortnight. smile And thanks for all of your help.

Enjoy every second kinky. Pop by and tell us how it's going if you get the chance. Maybe see you on the 13th. Good luck!

MOSagain Thu 01-Aug-13 22:43:27

Have a great time kinky. We go 2 weeks tomorrow. Squeeee

Groovee Fri 02-Aug-13 07:38:02

Have a lovely time Kinky

Whoop whoop Human

9 sleeps for us.

Have my Brit Guide and tape measure on my lap. DS is 100cm. He needs to be 101 for the rides he'll want to go on. blush

Can I have some tips for the flight? And the time difference? I suffer from fatigue and am worrying about it. The more I worry the worse it'll be.

newfavouritething Sun 04-Aug-13 20:13:46

Trainers and insoles and big hair should give you the extra bit of height!

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 04-Aug-13 20:30:44

They are very hot on the height stuff - they are very wise to the shoes and hair tricks. DD was 102.5 last time we went and everything we wanted to go on was 40 inches (101.6cm) and she was checked very carefully each ride. From what I could see they had the measuring posts set slightly high, as she only just made it.

He's 100cm in Crocs with curls. He's never going to make it. He's nearly 4 and loves rides. DD will be able to go on lots. She's 47". My guide says that she can go on Space Mountain but wasn't big enough in Paris a few months ago

Groovee Sun 04-Aug-13 22:24:43

Space Mountain in Paris is not the same as Florida. I couldn't walk after the paris one!

As for fatigue. I wasn't too bad on the way over. Up early most mornings and for once didn't need day time naps, but was in bed early most nights. Coming home was a pain with the delay.

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 05-Aug-13 08:06:28

Don't worry, Pickled, there are still loads of rides he will be able to go on at Disney. We have always had lots of fun before DD hit the 40" mark.

I've just checked the height restriction list and can see that Space Mountain, Expedition Everest and Mission Space are all 44" which surprises me, as this would mean DD (4) would be able to go on them now. Of those though, I think Space Mountain is the tamest.

Looking at the rest of the restrictions, 48" is the next biggie. I wonder if DD will grow 9cm in the next 14 months?

Pickled ( stretch neck job) my daughter judy squeak the big stuff I suspect luckily ds3 not like big big rided as not a hope ( he has t short stature syndrome)

Anne dd is growing like a bean so yours may yet make it

Thanks.

Is the Areosmith Rock and Roll coaster the same as Paris? She's been on it there but not big enough for the one in Florida.

May stretch DS for the next week. What do we think about play dough on planes? Big no? Do you think DD will be allowed to take a plastic embroidery needle onto the flight?

Have just been to buy dollars and a few extra colouring/puzzle books for the plane.

Groovee Mon 05-Aug-13 16:10:08

Playdough is great for flights. Not sure about the embroidery needle. I know a friend had a plastic pair of scissors taken off them which they didn't realise was in a magazine.

I think the R'n'R coaster is the same. But star tours was an age limit when we went and ds wasn't allowed on the florida one which had a height limit.

There are plenty to do as a family otherwise.

newfavouritething Mon 05-Aug-13 16:11:39

When we took the boys last year they were 5&6. We dressed them in similar clothes and took photos of them incase we lost them at the airport! Also each child had a rucksack with change of clothes, snacks etc and a couple of toys. I bought some new bits and kept them hidden until needed - small books on dinosaurs/fossils, packs of small planes and trucks, the very best thing was the magnetic writing board things - pack of 2 from poundland! Kept them entertained for hours drawing and writing messages to each other. Not sure if playdoh would be allowed?

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 05-Aug-13 17:20:52

Not been to Paris so can't compare the two (we planned to go to Paris with DD and saw the prices and booked for Florida for not much more!), but am surprised he was allowed on R'n'R Coaster as that is a 48" restriction in Florida!

Star Tours allowed DD on last time - didn't notice a height restriction but she was 102.5cm, so over 40", but was only 3.7. Just checked and it is apparently 40" and over.

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 05-Aug-13 17:21:26

Meant to say, Wikki Stix are good for flights.

DD has been on Areosmith. Not DS.

Will look at sticks.

I'd be extremely surprised if you were allowed to take Playdough onto a flight...

Groovee Tue 06-Aug-13 16:56:28

I've taken it in the past. Kept it in the original unopened packaging and it's been fine!

newfavouritething Tue 06-Aug-13 19:46:38

I'm always surprised at what you can and can't take on flights. We visited the USA shortly after 9/11 but the airlines didn't even check the epipen I carry. Obviously a springloaded syringe is less of a threat than nailclippers confused

TSSDNCOP Tue 06-Aug-13 21:12:11

Has anyone been to Discovery Cove? We are planning to go at October half term, and I'm really keen to do this with DS 6 who is a massive Octonauts junkie and can name every creature under the sea.

Did I mention half term is 12 WEEKS AWAY SQUUUUUEEEEEEEE!!

M.I.C.K.E.Y M.O.U.S.E!!!!!!

I may leave the playdough at home grin
We are doing Discovery Coves a week on Sunday. I'll let you know what it's like.
6 sleeps (though not exactly sleeps because I'm worrying about everything. Especially the flight!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now