Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

Paid final balance this morning. Have another 4 days before I can book out flight seats. Does anyone know how quickly people do this? It's virgin. Will I need to wake at stupid o'clock to get 4 seats together?

Pickled they do seem to go fast and some will only let you book outward seats then need wait to 90 days to return book home flights

( mine are booked already ( 134 something ) under special assistance so you may already find loads blockef

MOSagain Sat 11-May-13 16:28:33

need to start thinking about whether to book anything, ie character meals/bippoty boppity etc. August seems a long way off but it will soon sneak up!

Mos when do you go?

Seaworld tickets next but I may buy out there as been told buy on day are cheaper due to me and ds in wheelchairs can't get them in advance

Hopefully next week I will make final payment . Then time start on spending money but not sure how much will take

MOSagain Sat 11-May-13 17:58:56

We got mid August.
The past few years we've got our tickets through KGS (Kissimmee Guest Services) who are based in Celebration.

I suppose if you are getting concessionary rates they need proof?

We are not bothering with Seaworld this year, a bit bored with it.

Looking forward to visiting Legoland and their waterpark although DS really loves Aquatica so might have to go there and DD is still going on about that red fish blue fish ride at IOA. She can barely remember what she did this morning but remembers that! hmm

Still need to find a nice villa/hotel in Clearwater. Can't believe none of the villa owners I contacted bothered replying! Clearly they don't want my business sad

Groovee Sat 11-May-13 20:01:39

That's awful MOS. My friend stays in Sarasota every year and gets lovely villa's.

We're not doing Seaworld either. Harry Potter was the main reason we wanted to go.

Just had a nightmare, was in the bath and the hot tap jammed on. Dh (who is a plumber) had to switch the water off in the attic. Tap needs replaced sad

AnneEyhtMeyer Sat 11-May-13 20:26:19

Are you going this August, MOS? I would have thought all the villas would be booked for this year so maybe that's why they haven't replied?

I know when I was considering a sneaky extra trip I tried a few villas and most didn't get back to me (was about 8 months ahead of my planned trip) and the couple that did reply just said they were full.

Mos

I'm am hoping that common sense when see wheelchair will tell show them but we never been to Florida so seaworld a must

Do wonder if lot booked up I know we booked our trip last April mind I booked my meals at 180 days was odd booking 6 months in Advancd as we don't decide at home what eating to look in fridge /freezer that day

But went roughly whag time medication due as needs taking after food

Oh no groove

What a nightmare for you Groove!

We only booked in Feb. I've booked my meals (only three 'special'ones) and have bought all passes as a package. I know it's not the cheapest way but it's our first time in Florida a s I had no idea what I was doing.

DS will almost 4 and is currently 97cm. There seem to be very few rides he can go on unless he reaches 40inches. He loves the rides. I might have to start stretching him wink

And he wasn't old enough to do the discovery coves dolphin swim. Will he be allowed to stroke the dolphins? Or can you pay and book that at Seaworld?

Groovee Sun 12-May-13 09:56:18

No baths for the forseeable future sad I love my baths.

We've measured ds as he's petite and he's 48.5 inches. Tall enough for all disney rides. This is great news as we can all ride together.

MOSagain Sun 12-May-13 12:23:34

Anne yes, going mid/end August and beginning of September. 11 days at our villa in Orlando but then wanted 5 days in Clearwater. Looked on owners direct and sent enquiries to 6 owners whose calenders showed they had availability then. One replied saying yes she had availability and would let me have the rate the next day. That was 3 weeks ago and still not heard.

It beggers belief. I rent my villa out via owners direct and ensure I reply to all enquiries as soon as I get them. I'm going away next week for 10 days and no internet so I've set up a divert so DH can answer enquries in my absence hmm Well, thats the theory!

Grovee sad for you. I'm going to be camping with no lovely en-suite next week. 4 days in rainforest/sticksville outer mongolia and am dreading no bath/shower/running water shock

TheHumanCatapault, Seaworld is lovely, was one of my favourite parks but we've decided we need to stop doing the same old thing every year and try different ones. Never done Busch Gardens so might try there and Legoland.

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 12-May-13 13:59:43

Oh I think that is very rude of them, MOS. A polite reply from the ones without availability would mean you would consider them next time - we all know nobody goes to Florida once! As for the owner with availability, well she takes the biscuit.

MOSagain Sun 12-May-13 14:11:37

I know, it beggars belief. I always reply to my enquiries, even if my villa is not available. Not everyone looks at the availability calender but I always reply and refer them to my management company to see if they can find them a suitable villa.

I guess that these other owners don't need the bookings! we are looking at hotels now instead.

Groovee Sun 12-May-13 21:32:08

I think it is rude not to reply. It only takes a moment to type "Thank you for your enquiry but I am afraid I no longer have availability for your dates!"

When do you tell your dc? . I told Dd on her birthday in MArch as needed her to understand why mummy is broke and not going do a lot

But she was excited at the time now is quiet about it guess seems a long te still and planned ADR with her etc

So have held of telling my youngest but not sure when to do ?

Am thinking once he knows then can make something visual to cross or or remove so that excitement builds up ?

Was thinking when we hit below hundred or should I try bit less

flier Mon 13-May-13 11:23:04

ooh Can I join in? We go on 22nd June, and only decided this in March. Still got loads to do, but have flights and villa booked :0)

MOSagain Mon 13-May-13 11:50:37

ooh, where are you staying flier?
we are just about to book our car hire, just waiting for quotes.

flier Mon 13-May-13 12:06:42

MOS We have booked a villa on Windsor Palms. Owners seem very casual, but all seems above board, done all the checks as recommended on thedibb. so finger crossed. Where is your villa? Last time we stayed in a gorgeous villa on Tuscan Hills, feel we were rather spoiled, so just hope this one can match it confused

flier Mon 13-May-13 12:07:39

Where have you gone for car hire MOS ? I really need to look at that tonight, and holiday insurance (gulp) sooo much still to do!

MOSagain Mon 13-May-13 12:30:17

flier Windsor palms is lovely, just around the corner from us. We are in Indian Ridge Oaks. I'm sure you'll find the one you've booked is amazing.

Its so hard I know chosing the right villa and being sure all above board. sadly a few owners spoil it for the rest.

We are booking our car hire through http://www.tripwheels.com/
we used them last time and the owner is trying to get us special rates as owners.

Ref insurance, we have an annual policy as works out cheaper if you do a few trips each year.

flier Mon 13-May-13 12:35:15

thanks MOS, I hadn't heard of them, will take a look tonight. I remember looking at IRO, it looks lovely.

MOSagain Mon 13-May-13 12:43:50

They are part of Florida Homes and Travel, a publication that is aimed at owners of properties on Florida. We used them last year for the first time and the rate was really competitive. They were also really helpful when the lovely BA delayed our flight by 23 hours and sorted out a change in pick up/collection of car for us.

Groovee Mon 13-May-13 17:15:31

Had planned to tell the children with 100 days to go but we broke and told them at 117 days.

Final payment made grin

To do list

Sea world tickets
Spending money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now