Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:00:57

That sounds fab Lumpy, 4 weeks - wow!

akaemmafrost What are your plans? Where are you staying etc?

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:03:25

37 days?! That is so exciting and another Port Orleans regular. 37 days is soon enough to be getting stupidly excited.

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:05:12

Storybook circus is open, DH just found this picture i.minus.com/jxXvng3uegB3P.JPG

BiscuitNibbler Sun 30-Sep-12 20:05:39

I am very excited! Got loads to do before we go, though, so it is all creeping up on me a bit too quickly! I am currently planning my packing, though!

Happypiglet Sun 30-Sep-12 20:06:00

Oooo we are going for the first time in half term, in 4 weeks time we will be there!
We are staying at the beach club hotel and I have booked all the dining up front including Cinderella's breakfast on the last morning.
My DC (DS1 is 8, DS2 is 7 and DD is 5) have no idea we are even going away. I am not sure how we will reveal it. Maybe a present each on the Friday when we arrive at Gatwick to stay overnight.
Quick question my DS2 has seen all the ads and really wants to get some autographs. I can't find a disney themed autograph book (except Paris 20th anniversary ones) in the Disney store any ideas?

lumpybumpylooloo Sun 30-Sep-12 20:06:22

Have any of you heard of RideMax? I've never tried it, but apparently it's amazing for cutting down wait times drastically. It's a computer programme based on years of data about busy days/ peak times/ popular rides etc. As far as I'm aware, you purchase this programme ( roughly £10 I think) and enter the rides that you want to go on, and the programme plans an itinerary for you. Supposedly it saves you lots of times. We're going to give it a go I think.

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:13:07

Happy We found some roughly A5, hardback Tinkerbelle notebooks in poundland that we used as autograph books last time. They have plenty in the gift shops there and they will have them in your hotel gift shop too if you want to get them there. Think they were something like $8 or $12 each.

ByTheWay1 Sun 30-Sep-12 20:14:43

Are you going to Universal as well?

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:17:02

Lumpy No, I haven't heard of that but DH has already downloaded an app for his phone called mydisneyexperience which gives real time wait times for you whilst you are in the parks so we will use that here

Have you seen the touring plans in this book? They were really helpful the first time we went (the second time we had 2 toddlers so just took each day as it came!), maybe worth a look.

ByTheWay1 Sun 30-Sep-12 20:18:09

We used Tour Guide Mike - his busy day guide was spot on..

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:20:13

Forgot to say Happy, we did Cinderella's breakfast too. It was fabulous. Both girls loved it and we got some brilliant photos with the princesses. We had Belle (blue dress), Ariel, Snow White and Princess Aurora in the restaurant and the greet with Cinderella as we went in. They still play with the magic wands they were given each day, it was $$$ but really worth it.

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sun 30-Sep-12 20:21:29

Sorry am being a dimwit. Not storybook circus as such with the dumbo rides etc but Peres silly sideshow with the new character meet and greets. Is anyone booking the new Be Our Guest restaurant. I tho k the menu looks great.

We love going for any of the Mardi Gras dates as Universal but would love to try Halloween as well.

I can recommend the OKW one beds, well worth the extra couple of hundred if there's an OkW/SSR 40% off deal with the free DDP.

And no planning? No planning [combusts]

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sun 30-Sep-12 20:22:54

Lumpy you can get that data free from easywdw or you can pay about a tender a day to have personalised plans from Helpaboutthemouse.com either itinerary or touring plans as well and they book your adds on the 180 day.[lazy emoticon]

suebfg Sun 30-Sep-12 20:24:48

You'll all have an amazing time - it was the best holiday we've ever had and we travel a lot.

lumpybumpylooloo Sun 30-Sep-12 20:24:53

Will definitely lookmat The Unofficial Guide and Tour Guide Mike....I love planning!! Makes the holiday fun start sooner!!

akaemmafrost Sun 30-Sep-12 20:25:44

9 nights, Bahama Bay Resort. We prefer a resort as just find it easier. Like activities on hand and a clubhouse etc. We got a good deal actually, a three bedroom apartment. Anyone else know of it?

lumpybumpylooloo Sun 30-Sep-12 20:26:12

Brilliant smoulder, I'll have a look at those websites. Thanks!

akaemmafrost Sun 30-Sep-12 20:26:15

Personally I can't wait for Harry Potter World grin.

Jaffacakeeater Sun 30-Sep-12 20:26:16

We are!!!! Next Easter. One week at Wilderness Lodge, week on Disney Cruise and a last week at the Grand Floridian. It really is going to be our family holiday of a lifetime....I'm welling up thinking about it! Hope everyone has the best time.

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:27:13

I am hoping to eat at Be Our Guest, but just in the day when its counter service rather than at night when its table service. I was looking here and it looks good.

We aren't doing Universal, we think we are going to wait until the girls are older to do that. I think a lot of it will be lost on them, they won't know many of the characters and are still too little to many rides. Though I am desperate to see Harry Potter World.

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sun 30-Sep-12 20:27:35

Apologies for the numerous and ridiculous typos. My iPad is driving me to distraction.

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:28:27

Lumpy I have the Unofficial guide 2013 and 2012, I just love reading and planning! They are well worth a read.

PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 20:30:11

"One week at Wilderness Lodge, week on Disney Cruise and a last week at the Grand Floridian"

So, so jealous Jaffa envy

scrappydappydoo Sun 30-Sep-12 20:31:51

We're going Easter - we go every three years as my family own dvc and it rotates round us - we're doing 1 week in a marriott time share then 1 week at the boardwalk.

Don't use tourguide mike - his standard has really dropped in the past few years - use www.easywdw.com much better and free as well.

We did cinderellas breakfast last time - booked an early time so got to walk up main street without the crowds - was fab and got great photos.

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sun 30-Sep-12 20:31:54

Bloody hell Jaffa envy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now