Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

Groovee Wed 03-Apr-13 13:22:08

Hope you have fun.

Groovee Sun 07-Apr-13 12:40:10

I keep dreaming about finding the villa. It's like we've arrived in willy wonka land fun fair and everyone is laughing at us being lost. When we arrive where we should be, it's a camper van!

loopyluna Sun 07-Apr-13 15:15:38

We're going a week tomorrow gringringrin
We're staying at the Hawthorn just off International drive and plan on doing Sea World, IOA (just for Harry Potter!) and 2 days of Disney (MK, AK.) Also driving to Kennedy Space Centre and hope to fit in a water park... Have a hire car for the 2 weeks.

DS is driving me mad cause he seems to think we're going to Miami confused

Shopping is a must too. Hoping for some bargains at Abercrombie, Gap, Vans and RL smile

Just need to drag out some summer clothes and get packing now...

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 07-Apr-13 17:24:57

Enjoy loopy!

Just booked the car - too excited!!!

Groovee Sun 07-Apr-13 19:02:55

Enjoy loopy, but why does ds think you are off to Miami?

Hokey you sound like dh, he was bouncing this afternoon.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 07-Apr-13 19:20:43

I am vair excited today although looking at the prices of the park tickets always brings me back down to earth with a bump!!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 07-Apr-13 19:26:39

107 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

were going but not to September but can npt wait staying POFQ have booked resturants as on DP .

dd knows told her on her birthday .ds3 does not have a clue will tell on his birthday end of July

feels very unreal yet .Seems long time one way but when i think of things to pay yet then not seem long enough

mamageekchic Mon 08-Apr-13 10:42:02

We're flying out on Saturday- so excited! We've got 14day disney passes so planning on just making the most of those as DD is only a toddler. I'd really like to do the Harry Potter thing though- what's the most cost effective way to do that?

Also, do you think $150 spending money a day will be enough for 2 adults and a toddler?

Thanks!

Groovee Mon 08-Apr-13 14:42:51

Ooh lots of excitement lol.

$150 should be fine Mama. What we do is budget and then pop the leftovers into a pot for the final few days.

We have Universal 2 park tickets which we bought here as they are valid for 14 days. Think they were about £100 each. Or you can pay at the gate which will cost you more.

Being bored this morning, was supposed to be at work but it was cancelled as I walked out the door... our disney tickets work out at about £18 a day with around £9 parking. Not bad considering what you'd pay at Alton Towers. Our Universal tickets are about £7 a day with £10 parking.

81 days to go. 11 weeks 4 days whoop whoop.

You'll all have to come back and give tips.

127 days here. Paris was great. Really tiring. Orlando is going to be the same x100, isn't it?

themonsteratemyspacebar Mon 08-Apr-13 17:47:29

I was just wondering if i can join in?....
Im sorry i havent read the whole thread but just saw the title and it made me excited!
Going on the 1st May! Woop woop!

7 of us going and im the youngest (25) and none of us have any kids grin

I already plan to push kids out of the way and say 'ive been waiting alot longer than you for this' hehe

Cant wait, im really not going to sleep for a few nights before due to over excitement!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 08-Apr-13 18:08:53

Groovee which tickets did you get - that sounds cheap?

Themonster of course you can!

You'll have a fab time, we used to go every year before we had dc, i think i was 26 when i went for the first time.

It's all so familiar, it's like being in the tv, even though you have never been because you have seen it on the tv so many times.

Enjoy!

Groovee Mon 08-Apr-13 19:08:21

Welcome Themonster. Where are you staying?

Hokey, I got my tickets from ATD They had a variety of tickets and we got the 2 park Universal ones. They will help you through your choices.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 08-Apr-13 19:40:35

I'm still looking at between £1600-£1800 for Disney all parks and Universal 5 park flex...fgs!!!

Groovee Mon 08-Apr-13 20:14:21

I paid £1420 as both kids are full price. But we're not interested in Aquatica/Seaworld/Wet'n'Wild, hence why it's a bit cheaper. When we went in 2007 we were half the price of these tickets. Disney tickets were £167/£145 and £67 for Universal and kids went free.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 08-Apr-13 20:18:34

We love Seaworld and Aquatica is so good for the kids we couldn't not do it.

I wish we didn't like it all so much!

Groovee Tue 09-Apr-13 11:06:28

It's just a nightmare isn't it. I think we see it as one lump sum but when I was checking out Alton Towers yesterday I couldn't get over the price for 1 day.

I keep seeing it as one enormous lump sum too. I know we're not doing it cheaply- it's our first time and I didn't know where to start without a package - but it's a lot of money and it had better be worth it grin

10ptstoGRYFFINDOOR Wed 10-Apr-13 22:51:14

We're staying for two weeks. 2 parents & a 14 year old & an 18 year old! We're staying in the Rosen Inn and the Royal Pacific Resort.
You should stay at a Universal Studios Hotel to get into the parks an hour early! We're doing this so we can get into Harry Potter world early.
Use international drive as it is good for getting around and don't bother paying for a deluxe hotel, you'll only be there to wake up, change & go to sleep! Try going to a water park every 3 days because its hot and the water parks are supposed to be amazing! I'm a first timer so hope everything works out smile

Groovee Wed 10-Apr-13 23:34:35

I'm trying hard to get a Universal hotel for one night but $300 could be spent better elsewhere, what with the $18 plus tax a day parking there too.

We're going for a villa this time. We were watching the video of last time and remember how small it was in the room. I'm looking forward to chill out time at the villa as well as doing the parks.

ChestysLonelyYoni Thu 11-Apr-13 23:30:27

So jealous that your all still planning, I came back on Monday.

It was fabulous and magical and I must go again grin

Must admit we're not doing universal or IOA when looked at heights and restrictions those parks gave for Qherlchair users not worth it for me and ds3

But do want to go yo seaworld

Have tickets as part of package and dining to but no clue how much spending money take way things going wont be a lot

Groovee Fri 12-Apr-13 07:10:39

I'm aiming for £2000. Getting there slowly. That gives us roughly $100 a day for food and stuff and $100 safety net per day too.

Groovee Fri 12-Apr-13 07:13:10

11 weeks to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now