Anyone else got a Disney Florida trip planned? Want to get excited together and share plans?

(999 Posts)
PaintingTheFlowersRed Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:03

We are off to DisneyWorld next year and I am already really excited about it. Anyone else? I'd love to compare notes on what you are doing to prepare. I'm starting to think about how to do a big surprise for the DC when we tell them we are going.

Groovee Thu 14-Mar-13 07:37:27

Well lots of people on the dibb seem to have had their tickets cancelled but expedia's FB page is saying they need to investigate it. Very odd.

But lots of people have demanded a refund and gone elsewhere where you get actual tickets and not paper vouchers.

Awww bless your dd. I hope things ease for her at school.

That's bad of Expedia. Glad they are investigating. How soon should I do visas?

Groovee Thu 14-Mar-13 16:44:17

I've done mine. I'd do it soon to ensure there are no issues with anyone. It can take over 6 months to get a visa if you are refused an ESTA. Do any passports first as the ESTA has to match the passport.

All passports are in date. I'll do them this weekend. How many weeks for you?

Groovee Thu 14-Mar-13 20:24:47

15 weeks tomorrow yay!

So jealous!!

salcz Thu 14-Mar-13 21:44:37

Hi,

I last went in June 2010sad. I'm so jealous of you all! We're planning on going back in 2020 (I'm not sure how I'll wait that long!) as DS will be 8 then and any future kiddies wont be too small (hopefully!)

Groovee Blue Man Group is AMAZING!! Best thing we pre-booked! I'm on a constant look out for them to come to London so I can go again!

Also, FWIW, I had the Brit guide and thought it was v good.

Groovee Fri 15-Mar-13 07:47:12

Thanks Salcz. Still trying to talk dh into it x

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 16-Mar-13 14:26:41

18 weeks!!!

Groovee Sat 16-Mar-13 17:32:24

We'll be in Animal Kingdom 15 weeks today x

150 days. Too long to wait.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 16-Mar-13 21:26:36

OMG i have been google'ing all day.

Booking 50's prime time diner, Chef Mickey's, the firework dessert party at MK, a Universal Character breakfast and a cabana at Aquatica....so excited!!!

Groovee Sun 17-Mar-13 09:01:06

Sounds fab Hokey

Pickled it will be there soon for you xx

WannaSplitAPineapple Sun 17-Mar-13 11:50:41

12 days!!! I can't wait although I still think I have loads to do. It's the first time travelling with DS so it's a lot more planning than usual. Ive never has to consider nappies taking up half my case before smile

Groovee Sun 17-Mar-13 13:03:22

More room for coming home grin

DD has decided to save her pocket money now she knows. I'm going to need lots of space for plastic crap.
Are the malls much cheaper these days?

Groovee Sun 17-Mar-13 17:16:25

Haha Pickled. This time we'll have hollister!!! Dd loves it!!! Ds remembers going to the virgin megastore last time and is disgruntled it's now a bowling alley!!!

Hulababy Sun 17-Mar-13 18:00:08

We ended up with almost a case full of stuff brought back - lots of Harry Potter stuff, plus Hollister and Abercrombie too. TBF the prices were good = about same in dollars as it is in £s here.

She doesn't know Hollister yet. Hopefully be a discovery saved for when we get back.
Was just about to do ESTAs but have one more passport to locate...!

WannaSplitAPineapple Sun 17-Mar-13 19:36:04

I do like Abercrombie, I also love to hit Macy's or the outlets for bags. You can't go to Disney without getting some pointless tat although your DD mite want a bit more than I'd get pickled , could you introduce her to pin trading? At least then they are only small grin

Pins are a really good idea. I've been watching some on eBay!

maxbradbury Sun 17-Mar-13 21:44:38

Hello! We leave for Disney world this sunday. Very excited now however we are going on one of the busiest weeks of the year.
I have mades plans ( ak on monday, hk on tuesday mk on wed and thurs) with the help of easywdw and undercover tourist but does anyone else have any tips to combat the busy Easter crowds?? Thanks smile

MOSagain Mon 18-Mar-13 14:18:02

Am hoping to be able to go in August but can't find any affordable flights, not really prepared to pay almost 1k each sad

YouBrokeMySmoulder Mon 18-Mar-13 14:23:46

Max just be there half an hour before opening, know which rides to do first and use fast passes properly. Then take a break and go back in the evening for shows.

Groovee Mon 18-Mar-13 17:33:34

MOS someone said they leave it as late as possible as the flights come down in price and can be so much cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now