Virgin flights to New York

(9 Posts)
Lifeisontheup Fri 21-Sep-12 12:13:39

We are flying to New York next year (my first time out of Europe) and are lucky enough to have enough airmiles to fly Virgin upper class.
I know this is really shallow and no one else will care but what should I wear that is really comfortable but smart bearing in mind I'm normally a Sainsbury's clothes type person. Was thinking something like yoga pants, long sleeved t shirt and soft long cardi with flat shoes but really don't want to look like I don't belong. blush

Trills Fri 21-Sep-12 12:15:34

That sounds nice and comfy.

Make sure you arrive early and get champagne in the upper class lounge smile

Lifeisontheup Fri 21-Sep-12 12:32:31

Oh I plan to and to take advantage of the complimentary facial and manicure. We're getting limo pick up to so really will be trip of a lifetime and it's only costing us taxes. smile
Very excited.

Dustylaw Tue 25-Sep-12 22:56:40

Jeans, T-shirt and jacket/sweater was what I wore. So wear what you fancy. The only way you could tell who was going in Upper Class was everyone in Upper Class was chilled by the no-hassle express security and the lovely lounge. Worth arriving in good time to enjoy it. Plus if you are flying back Upper Class you must go to the Revivals Lounge - I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

exexpat Tue 25-Sep-12 23:05:07

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

I used to fly Upper Class regularly, sometimes alone for work, sometimes with DCs on trips back to the UK, and apart from a few more people in suits (stupidly uncomfortable to wear on a long flight, but never mind) you really couldn't tell who was flying which class.

No one is going to push you back to economy because you're not smartly dressed - you have a perfect right to be there.

exexpat Tue 25-Sep-12 23:07:44

(oh, and when I started flying Upper Class to Tokyo for work, I was a scruffyish 24-year-old in jeans etc - check-in desk often looked like they were about to tell me I was in the wrong queue until I produced my ticket)

Lifeisontheup Wed 26-Sep-12 08:23:56

Sounds like I'm on the right track, really looking forward to it as I'm normally stuck with easyjet. This will be a real treat especially as we've got limousine service door to door too, no worrying about if taxis will turn up or battling with trains after a long flight. Can't wait.
Will try Revivals too dusty

Busybeingbusy Wed 26-Sep-12 13:34:15

Flown twice Business class with Continental to Newark. It was wonderful and so-o quick because i just loved the cabin, the food, the toiletries, the people watching etc... what I would say is that plan your NY itinerary before you get on the plane as you won't get round to it up in the air...

Lifeisontheup Wed 26-Sep-12 14:12:44

Good advice, I am googling madly, we're going for a wedding but staying for a week so will have time for sightseeing. Am planning to stay in an apartment as you seem to be able to get good value ones which are very central.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now