South America holiday packages?

(4 Posts)
Blackberrybush Tue 11-Sep-12 17:47:30

Inspired by my aunt who's always travelling, I want to go to South America! Costs are obviously a problem, but, with only three people going (DH will be away those dates in the navy), I reckon 600 per person for a holiday package (flights, tour, accommodation- but if it's just accomodation and tour, that's perfect!) is the most we can stretch too currently, depending how work goes of course. Having been sent pictures of Macchu Picchu (sp?) from my aunt, and having a close relative who spent two years working in the Ecuadorian rainforest, we've decided on Ecuador, Peru or Brazil.

If anyone's got any experience of taking 12-13yr olds to South America cheaply- or know any great flight or packages- please help? Also, is 600perperson too little? If it is, could someone tell me any great unique, adventure-like holidays suitable for young teenagers and a fairly active adult?

Fluffy1234 Tue 11-Sep-12 19:06:28

I took my DC age 12 and 13 to Rio for 6 nights and then onto stay in a RainForest in Argentina and visit Iguasa Falls for 4 nights this Easter with my DH and we spent 7.5k. That was flying from the U.k. Can't see how it can be done for £600 each.

sashh Wed 12-Sep-12 12:04:12

I've only been to Ecuador out of your three. Have a look at flying with LAN, they do a 'Lanpass' which is cheaper flights within South America.

In Ecuador don't for get to go to the equator.

Blackberrybush Wed 12-Sep-12 19:26:20

We were thinking about copying my aunt who stays in hostels along the way. In the UK we have stayed in some, and my aunt says many British children stay in them on holidays, but ideally where we would stay would be part of the package. What we were thinking was doing just a 3-5dy trip, and from there, flying on to our relatives in Canada. Would that be cheaper, as more airlines go to Canada and we'd have more choice about the cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now