single parent houseshare

(304 Posts)
Lauree Mon 12-Apr-10 15:08:19

I'm a single mum (40 something) with a six year old boy in central London. I'm a professional woman working four days a week, living in central London. I'd like to find another single parent to share with... and help each other out with the ups and downs of parenting.

contact me if you think you might be interested.

PrettyLittleHateMachine Thu 02-Dec-10 19:08:29

I guess this is worth a try... I'm looking for somewhere to rent from Feb/March time. I've got a three year old DD who is with me most weekends (lives with her dad) and I work full time. Looking in Windsor/Slough area. I was looking to rent on my own but I like the idea of sharing with another single parent, plus it helps with money!

BestDaddy Thu 30-Dec-10 03:09:22

Single Parents Single Father Looking for House Share in SW London...

Preferably Balham, Tooting or Wimbledon. 37 years old, beautiful 6 year old boy (Josh), I look after him 7 days a week every other week, so 2 weeks per month and am looking to share somewhere a lot nearer his school in Wimbledon than I am at the moment (Sydenham). Would love to share with someone who is like minded, quite positive (but not annoyingly so), enterprising maybe and doesn't moan too much, especially about mundane things. I don't watch Eastenders, or much TV for that matter, but it doesn't matter too much if you do, and I don't smoke and neither should you; it's bad for your health.

Looking to move in the new year, Feb, March, even April at the very latest, but am flexible. Let me know if you are keen to chat and see what happens.

07717 512 519 and/or nick.osborn@prnewswire.co.uk

Best wishes

BeeandSon Thu 30-Dec-10 18:30:15

Hi Lauree
I was looking for much of the same. My post is "I have a dream..." (sorry cannot do links)
I have sent you a private msg via the forum
I saw the article on the Guardian when I was looking for a website target to single parent house sharing
Must say that did not find anything relevant so I am even thinking to start a blog/website myself in the new year
Estate agents should catch up with it, there is a gap in market I feel smile
Anyway....speak soon

Mummytoanangel Mon 03-Jan-11 21:53:12

Hi exogenesis,

I have just seen your post...sorry so late, but are you still looking for a houseshare?...I know Egham well and would definately be interested in looking into this more. Mail me if you are still interested gabriellab@hotmail.co.uk

BEAUTlFUL Tue 04-Jan-11 10:24:17

I have a 3-bed house in Surrey, 2 boys (7 and 3) and 1 cat. Would love to share with aother single parent, would love it, it sounds like it'd be fun. smile

headinthecountry Tue 04-Jan-11 21:06:38

Elenora ...are you still out there? Would love to have a chat

Mummytoanangel Tue 04-Jan-11 22:12:08

Hi Beautiful,

Where abouts in Surrey do you live...I know Cambereley, Chobham, Guildford quite well but Kingston etc is quite a bit further from me? Would you consider housesharing with someone with a very little one (4 mths). Look forward to hearing from you

BEAUTlFUL Tue 04-Jan-11 22:35:35

Hi Mummytoanangel -- I live really near Kingston! smile A baby would be adorable! Absolutely no problem with that at all! But I do have two quite boistrous boys and a cat.

annaw99 Wed 05-Jan-11 03:33:49

Hello
I'm a recently single mum of a 2 year old boy and i have been looking into this house sharing business for a while but have never posted anything(yikes!). However the time has come where I must stop dilly dallying.
We currently live in Tooting and I am happy to stay in this area or would consider surrounding areas(ie. Balham, Streatham, South Wimbledon, Colliers Wood etc).
It would be good to have a flatmate who understands what it's like being a working parent and to help with the bills.
Anna

BEAUTlFUL Wed 05-Jan-11 11:07:46

Oooh, annaw99 and BestDaddy should try to fix something up! You're both looking at the same areas!

BEAUTlFUL Wed 05-Jan-11 11:08:16

<feeling like a SingleParentFlatshare matchmaker>

BEAUTlFUL Wed 05-Jan-11 11:11:07

I love the Single Parent flatshare idea. I'm really committed to finding someone to share with this year. I have one big bedroom that we could make into the Kids Room, and then I could have one of the other bedrooms and the other S.Parent could have the other.

We could babysit for each other, have beauty nights (I guess I must be anticipating a single Mum more than a single Dad...), both chip in with cooking and cheer each other on. And we'd both have more cash! Hooray!

annaw99 Thu 06-Jan-11 09:23:10

haha thanks Beautiful! it's good to hear from someone who is ready to embrace the shared family lifestyle! good on you!
thanks for helping out too...

Mummytoanangel Thu 06-Jan-11 13:14:14

Hi Beautiful,

Love the idea of beauty nights...actually trying to start a small business doing Pamper Parties!! We are used to cats and boistrous boys aren't a problem...we want a lively, family home! Could you email me, so we can chat about it more (gabriellab@hotmail.co.uk)...look at rent costs etc and perhaps organise to meet for a coffee?

2blugrus Sun 09-Jan-11 12:02:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2blugrus Sun 09-Jan-11 12:21:19

I see my type-o of "get it touch". "get IN touch" rather

Also wanted to change move date to March more likely, and reiterate that it's probably extendable til June.

BestDaddy and Annaw99, would you consider a 6 br property all sharing together (Streatham - I'm less flexible on borough than I previously had hoped to be) or would that just be madness and chaos? shock

annaw99 Mon 10-Jan-11 04:18:53

hi 2blugrus
streatham would be fine but unfort i cant afford that much. i prob wouldnt be able to do more than 700 pcm.

BestDaddy Thu 13-Jan-11 13:27:54

I agree that annaw99 and BestDaddy should talk

BestDaddy Thu 13-Jan-11 13:34:47

Would love to accomodate 2blugrus however am trying to heavily reduce my travel with my Son to either walking distance or no longer than 25 minutes journey. The poor little thing is suffering a little with having to do homework on the train. Sorry, but thanks for thinking

fridascruffs Thu 13-Jan-11 13:45:46

Elenora,
I am interested, would love to move back to Exeter, money not so much the issue but lack of contacts is, somethibng like this could be a solution. How do I find out more?

DiSuzi Thu 13-Jan-11 23:37:39

I'm also looking for another mum to share with... Highgate / Muswell Hill area preferred to fit in with school! I have a 5 year old daughter and I work 5 days a week...Would like to find another mum who has a child of similar age (or younger)...We're happy, normal, independent & friendly...If anyone is looking to do a share in North London (anywhere between Tufnell Park & Muswell Hill would be good. Maybe Crouch End), maybe drop me an email: elfieloves@gmail.com
Would like to move in March 2011, but can be a bit flexible!

RoseGibbs Fri 14-Jan-11 13:21:43

Hi Lauree,

I realise that your message is quite old now, but I am wondering if you are still looking for someone. I am look for a house share in Hackney for me and my 5 year old daughter. Dalston would be fantastic. I am 31, and would love it if I could live with another parent and child, be great for my daughter to have someone to play with etc. and we would both enjoy the communal aspect. If you know anyone please let me know.

Best wishes

Rose

RoseGibbs Fri 14-Jan-11 13:36:16

Dear All,

I am looking for a house share in Hackney, Dalston possibly. I would love to live in a household with other children, I think that my daughter (5 years old) would really enjoy it. We would be clean and friendly housemates. Please let me know if you are interested, or if anyone knows of other sites where I might be able to find what I am looking for.

Best wishes

Rose

mumofyeva Fri 14-Jan-11 23:20:25

Hi,
for those of you thinking of house sharing, how about to give it a try for a month?

See what I mean: my husband has just taken up a job in London, this was a very short notice, so we leave edinburgh and looking for a temporary accommodation in london (one month or so, we would then have a possibility to look around and find a flat to rent). I thought it would be lovely to use this opportunity to stay in a house where another small child is around (you define 'small' however you want, my 15-months daughter enjoys being around anyone below 15!), so that she could enjoy some socializing.
I was searching mumsnet to figure our where to look for it, and that's what I found!

Yes, I am not really a single parent, but you can at least try whether having another family (single or not) and another kid around would do you and your kid any good
So I am looking for a room for rent within a house with kids - whether you also rent a room there or you own it, all would be nice.
I am 30, working from home (doing linguistics), our daughter Yeva is a marvel to have around, sometimes quiet and self-sufficient, sometimes active, laughing and running! My husband is an animator.
North, North-West, West London, not too far from Soho would be ideal (that's where the job is, and I do not want him to spend too much time on the tube..).
Olesya 07717160165

BestDaddy Sat 15-Jan-11 18:54:55

Right, so I am thinking that perhaps single mothers may have some reservations about house sharing with a single father, which is understandable, however I am in touch with my feminine side and make a mean tuna pasta . There don't seem to be many single Fathers in my situation to try and convince, but feel free to contact me if there are.

I am a qualified NLP Practitioner, working in PR, looking to expand on my NLP type practice and work in that field full time, whilst also work in Internet Marketing. Have a beautiful 6 year old boy and am looking to move anywhere within 30 minutes of Colliers Wood, so Wimbledon, Balham, Tooting, Clapham, Morden? Looking to move by April at the latest, but will move sooner if I find the right person or people beforehand.

Please feel free to call me on 07717 512 519 or email me at searchbuddha@gmail.com

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now