single parent houseshare

(316 Posts)
Lauree Mon 12-Apr-10 15:08:19

I'm a single mum (40 something) with a six year old boy in central London. I'm a professional woman working four days a week, living in central London. I'd like to find another single parent to share with... and help each other out with the ups and downs of parenting.

contact me if you think you might be interested.

ohabi Sat 04-Jan-14 14:43:43

Hi,

I am also a single parent (26) mummy to a soon to be 5 year old looking for a flat share in Finsbury park if anyone is interested?

I would be looking to move by the end of February.

mowmi Mon 06-Jan-14 12:41:02

Hello,

Looking for another parent to come share my house in East Surrey. There are 2 spare bedrooms available. My little one starts school in September so will also be looking to also get an aupair in to do school pick ups come spring / summer?
If sounds potentially of interest please get in touch.

Jules76H Mon 24-Feb-14 08:55:35

Hi all,

I too have been looking at sharing. I have a two year old daughter and I really wish she had some company... (we are in Gloucestershire).

As I have followed many threads and found it very difficult to find anybody in my area I have decided to set up a site for us all - to hopefully help (all areas).

I am not only looking for houses to share but also sites with self contained units and a communal area.

The site is http://www.kih.org.uk/kih-community/4582930972

The idea is that landlords and prospective sharers will all put their details on this site. It may be slow to start with but worth a try.

Julie

LillieRose1234 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:49:44

Anyone know a lodger who wants a room monday to friday for wimbledon area of London or another mum with one child for a lovely flat with a garden as I have my child part-time.

LillieRose1234 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:02:14

Anyone know a lodger who wants a room monday to friday for wimbledon area of London or another mum with one child for a lovely flat with a garden as I have my child part-time.

AllDirections Sun 09-Mar-14 22:11:30

Jules What a fab idea, I'll be watching and waiting smile

lbab1702 Mon 10-Mar-14 13:32:46

I'm in Oxford and looking for another single parent to share a house. I'm 49 and have a nearly 14 year old daughter and am looking in the Cowley area. There are some nice big 4 bedroom houses which would be quite reasonable if I could split the rent with another parent.

5inglemum Thu 20-Mar-14 08:22:57

Hi, I love this idea too. I am a professional PT-working single Mum (36) with a nearly 5 year old son. Looking for another friendly single parent to potentially share with in Exeter - friendship for the kids, companionship in childcare responsibilities and looking after a home... Would be great to hear from anyone out there in the same boat who'd like to chat about the possibility!

angeliquecampbell67 Wed 02-Apr-14 16:34:42

Hi I am a single parent with a daughter who is 15 years old. I am looking for a place to rent in London either close to Harrow or Central London. I would be willing to house share with another single parent possibly short term as I have two cats and this might be a problem as some people do not like cats. There is a bonus as I am good with children and I worked as a Nanny for many years and have references, so I would be willing to do any babysitting as I do not really go out.

TomTumTum Sun 06-Apr-14 16:39:19

hi there
couple in brighton with a 4 year old looking to rent 1 or 2 rooms in our spacious house to a single parent and child. Please email me if interested...

Bellassai3030 Mon 21-Apr-14 18:50:50

Hi Lauree,
I am interested in house sharing with another mum. I will go back to work at the end of June and I have a beautiful daughter dob 29/5/13.
I am 38 and will work 3 days a week. please get in touch if you are still looking.
Thank you

Hmm, this is interesting. I know this thread is old but updated - if anybody would be interested in doing this in a small Devon coastal town near Exeter I would be interested. Would have to be a leftie though!

Rosiej75 Sat 26-Apr-14 21:22:16

Single Mother currently in Wales with 1 year old looking for house share south/west of England Will consider many area's from Weston down the coast, or slightly inland. Currently full time mum but trying to embark on self employment.

Anch67 Sun 27-Apr-14 19:08:24

Hi,When i read your posting i gasped! I thought it was my post! I am also in my 40's and have an 8 yr old boy..I currently live near Victoria Park, E2.
I work in the City during the week. I am looking for a nice home to share with another mother in the same situation as me so that we can help one another to move on. I really hope to hear back from you shortly as I need to begin a new direction soon. Ant email me abalaban67@gmail.com

rebeccatamara Tue 13-May-14 05:55:27

Ok folks having another go at this. Looking for houseshare with another single parent preferably out of London. Currently options are remaining somewhere in High Barnet, or getting out - Buckinghamshire - great fast train services to London with towns nearby, good schools and lovely countryside. Alternatively St Albans. Alternatively North Bedfordshire (near Bedford). Would look to going south (surrey/kent)although possibly more tricky due to dad being north, but open to suggestions. Daughter is 4, Im in my 40s so pref someone mid/late 30s upwards!. Would like her to grow up in decent house with garden in nice area. We're fun and relibale. esmeantrobus@gmail.com

MaireTreasa1 Wed 14-May-14 21:55:26

Is there any single parent in the Dunstable or Luton area who would be interested in house or flat sharing with another single parent? I would prefer to stay in this area but will consider other areas too if anybody is interested in having someone to share with them.

hannahrose5 Sun 01-Jun-14 21:27:35

I am a single mum looking for a house share. We desperately would love to have a garden, make my daughters and my life less lonely and more fun. I'm currently living in surrey, and have a 3 year old daughter. I'm 24 and work part time. I'd be looking to stay in the area that I'm in (in and around Guildford). I would potentially be able to move October onward.

Temple247 Sun 01-Jun-14 22:58:02

I am a full time working 34 year old single mother with a 6 year old son. We are looking to set up a house share in the Colliers Wood/Tooting area at around GBP 700 per month each plus bills. If anyone would be interested please pm me.

lorrikeet Mon 02-Jun-14 00:13:13

Anch, I emailed you: are you still interested in Hackney?

Billie123 Thu 26-Jun-14 19:28:47

Hi everyone, I'm new to mumsnet and I am a lone parent, I'm from Birmingham,UK but looking to house/flatshare with another lone parent in Bournemouth/Poole reasons being since having my only daugher aged 3 we have been basically homeless and living with my mum who can't put us up for much longer and been on council list for years and classed as cramped housing but still low on the list. I really would like a fresh start away from the city somewhere quiet and Bournemouth is where I'm planning to make a fresh start. If someone would like to homeshare with me send me a message and get to know me I'm easy to get on with.

grobagsforever Tue 01-Jul-14 17:18:38

rebeccatamara have emailed you re Guildford house - please do check your junk file if you're still looking.

mztee1980 Sat 05-Jul-14 14:23:01

I am looking for single parent(s) to house share with in the surrounding areas of or with - Bromley/Kent/South East London. I am 33 years old mother, I have a 10 year old son, currently living in Bromley. I work full time. Looking for someone who is interested in working as a team to make the living situation a grounded home for the children, split the costs and help each other out when required. Need to be in good catchment area for schools.

If any one is interested in discussing further please email me directly at mzteegreen1212@gmail.com

Thanks, Natasha x

mztee1980 Sat 05-Jul-14 14:27:42
SingleDad99 Tue 08-Jul-14 16:06:18

Great Idea. Would definitely consider this as an option. Working Single dad of two in Luton would consider house sharing with other single parent family, doesn't have to be dads - really not interested in anything other than sharing cost of living helping each other out and social events with the children etc. etc!!!

Hi. Really interesting thread. I'm a single mum with a 7-yr-old son.

I had a family living with us recently, but it didn't work out. I thought it would be the answer to our prayers - give us a bit of company, and help with the budget. I think we just weren't the right match, sadly.

My son has Aspergers and found having another (quite boisterous) child around really difficult. He's not severely affected, but he doesn't like usual rough and tumble play. He likes peace and quiet. He's bright and friendly, but just not your usual busy, noisy kid.

It's really difficult to find lodger/s who are happy to live with a child, so I struggle to know what to do.

Anyone interested in a flatshare in East London?! With a friendly single-mum, two cats and a kid with Aspergers? We have a huge garden and near big parks. I'm guessing I won't be inundated with responses - but worth a try!!

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now