single parent houseshare

(309 Posts)
Lauree Mon 12-Apr-10 15:08:19

I'm a single mum (40 something) with a six year old boy in central London. I'm a professional woman working four days a week, living in central London. I'd like to find another single parent to share with... and help each other out with the ups and downs of parenting.

contact me if you think you might be interested.

mowmi Mon 03-Jun-13 15:36:43

I have a really lovely house in south east surrey area, 35 mins on train in to London. Me, my 2 year old son and a very friendly small dog.
Plenty of room, nice big double room with ensuite (big enough to share with a kids bed). I'm a professional single mum who would love to share her house with another single parent. Get in touch if you are interested.

FlorinaA Mon 03-Jun-13 23:29:41

Hi everyone!

I am a working proffesional and I have a 3 years old daughter.
As everyone else we too are looking to share a home with another single parent.
I am particularly interested in the SW area of London.

Would love to share the home with someone having a child similar age.

If there is anyone that wishes the same please get in touch.

mowmi Mon 10-Jun-13 10:22:00

bump

Georgebooboo Tue 11-Jun-13 20:32:19

Hello,
Just seen the thread, what a fab idea. I live in Shropshire with my little boy. Have a three bed house with a garden near to nice schools , looking for a single parent to share. If interested please email me Victoriauk79@tiscali.co.uk

talmage Sun 23-Jun-13 22:39:23

Looking to share with another single parent and child? Well I am already in a 3 bed house in Brockley SE London and looking for new parent and child to share with.

The available bedroom is a bright medium sized room with desk, double bed and plenty of storage.

At the moment two children (aged 3 and 4), share the large master bedroom, which doubles as a playroom.

Small private garden at the back of the house.

Great transport links. Brockley tube station 5 minutes walk from the house.

Independent shop called the 'Broca Market' at the end of our road, where you can buy organic vegetables, bread e.t.c. Sainsbury's local due to open mid July this year for everything else.

Couple of restaurants and cafes close by, Telegraph Hill park is about 10 minutes and Hilly Fields park about 20 minutes walk.

I am a 32 year old full time, working mother. I have one daughter who has just turned 4 years old. We both lead a busy lifestyle, but make the time to enjoy good food, trips out to parks and museums... favourite activity is dancing around at home.

Email etalmage@email2me.net if you are interested and want to meet us and have a look around the house.

talmage Sun 23-Jun-13 22:42:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ells76 Thu 27-Jun-13 17:13:23

Hi Ladies,
I've just joined the site and saw this thread as it's exactly what I've been thinking of. I'm a full time commercial writer, working predominantly from home and single Mum to a lovely little girl who is coming up for 2. I'm just finalising my divorce and it looks like we will need to move out of our lovely home in SW London unless I can keep it. If I can keep it then I'd be open to another single parent sharing else would be interested in sharing with another single parent ideally in SW London. So, I guess my thoughts are - are any of you single Mums still looking to do a house share and would you like to discuss options?
Thanks and bye for now,
E

burberryqueen Thu 27-Jun-13 17:16:18

hi is there anyone in London or South Herts who would like to share with a single mother and two 14 year olds? either to find a place together or to 'rent a room' from you?

mowmi Fri 28-Jun-13 21:34:33

I'm still looking but to share my house in east Surrey

burberryqueen Fri 28-Jun-13 23:28:30

ooh what a shame, we really need to be in north london/south herts for school places...but thank you for your message and I hope you find someone soon.

JaimeT Sat 06-Jul-13 19:10:44

I am a single mum to a 3 year old and am working full time. Is there anyone out there interested in house sharing with us in SW16 or anywhere with good transport links to SW London?
Jaime

Theresa444 Fri 26-Jul-13 14:18:54

Hi there
Would anyone like to go house hunting I have a three and four year old.

To JaimeT SW16 sounds fine to me, would you consider W10?

Regards Theresa

Littlebirdsmummy Wed 14-Aug-13 21:18:47

Hi Everyone,

I am really interested in this single parent house share idea and hope I can find another parent and child to get this going!

I am a 29 year old mum with a lovely 9 year old girl who goes to school in Wimbledon. We currently live in Raynes Park so ideally we would prefer to find a home within the Wimbledon/Raynes Park area.

Would love to find another parent who has a child similar age and looking to find a house to share in this area.

Please get in touch and leave me a message on here or otherwise email me on now26high@hotmail.co.uk Thanks!

Sam smile

dreamyyogamama Sat 17-Aug-13 10:42:44

I'm interested in this! I have two boys: a nearly 4 yo & a 17 mo. we are currently in Brighton, but happy to come back to London. Need to be out by 22 Sep. I'm a 44 yo yoga teacher and hoping to retrain as a Steiner School kindergarten teacher after my baby turns two. I'm on benefits, but can't wait to start working again once my little guys get a bit bigger. Contact dreamytracy (at) gmail.com if interested.

Smartymouse Tue 27-Aug-13 18:51:33

This sharing with other mothers is a great Idea. I am new here to London and currently trying to figure out a living situation so I can get my daughter who is 7 1/2 to join me. I am 43 years old (American/Hungarian but born in California). I would be very interested in this with another mother. The area we are looking is Surrey. I would love to discuss this with another interested party. Please email me at k.searles (at) ymail.com

Firecracker13 Thu 10-Oct-13 13:13:59

Hi Everyone

I was just reading this and think it is a great idea.

I currently live in north London with my twins (3 year olds) and staying at my mothers. I have to be honest I would love to get our own place (preferably in north london) and a house share would be a great option for us. I plan to buy in a few years but currently childcare costs are pricing me out of the market, which I am sure a lot of parents out there understand.

If there are any other single mums in a similar boat and would like to house share it would be great to hear from you.

SheSellsSadShells Thu 10-Oct-13 16:26:12

A house share with another single parent could be ideal for me. I'm recently separated and don't really fancy getting into another long-term, live-in relationship while DD is young.

I am in Devon, near the Cornwall border (and not sad despite my user name). Have a 2 year old DD and would also like to meet any other parents out this way as we're newly moved and short of friends. My current home is too small for a house share and I'd like to move somewhere close to a good primary with a garden.

rhythmdivine100 Thu 10-Oct-13 18:12:38

Hi I'm looking for a houseshare.. pregnant & due in december, been on my own since the start. In London now, but seriously thinking I need to get out of here because it's so expensive.. so would be looking for options just about anywhere in the country really.

mellagracea Sat 19-Oct-13 18:06:35

Hi I'd be interested. I'm a single mum with a four year old son. I'm twenty-five and work full time. I am a working professional but the property i would like to rent is expensive on my own. It would be nice if i could me another single mum interested in sharing. somewhere in the Beckenham area has they have good schools. open to suggestions. please do message me melaniegracea at hotmail co uk

Dee2013 Tue 22-Oct-13 23:51:45

Hi,looking for flat/houseshare.I'm 40-odd,with a 3 and a half year old son.Looking for anywhere in London,as am looking to move back to London.Would be great to share with another mum and child.I teach yoga.

Christianartistmum Mon 28-Oct-13 22:06:01

I am interested in moving to London from Edinburgh with my daughter who is 3 1/2 and I am currently doing a single parent house share in Edinburgh which works great. I just now want the same set up in London. I am not that clued up on areas yet, but want somewhere fairly central/or West end? and safe.

I am happy to babysit and would want the person I am moving in to help out in this way too. I did an Art degree and want to pursue my Art career in London as an Artist.

Get in touch if you would be interested in sharing. I think it would have to be after Christmas for me now!

Lena01 Sat 02-Nov-13 18:31:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

JM2012a Mon 30-Dec-13 11:39:27

Hello all
I am looking to houseshare with a single parent and child - it's my own property in Hackney and I have an 8 year old and 4 year old. DSS welcome but would have to have month deposit and month rent! I've house shared before and it worked wonderfully - more for those moments when I wanted to run out and get milk/bread/top ups because I don't really need babysitting. Mind you I was - and am - very happy to babysit myself if need be.
If interested please get in touch. The house is lovely: living space includes living room, dining room, den with home cinema and large garden....

Oldladyfish Fri 03-Jan-14 13:37:20

Hello! I realise this thread is now rather old, but thought it was worth reanimating it just in case there's someone else like me out there. I'm a 37yr old, working single mum of a toddler (sounds like a barrel of laughs, right?!) and I'm thinking it might be good to share a house with another single parent in Archway/Finsbury Park area (or up to Crouch End/Muswell Hill). I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do yet, but would love to meet anyone who's thinking the same to talk it over...?

Oldladyfish Fri 03-Jan-14 13:41:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now