how do you come off income support?

(5 Posts)
nelix2000 Thu 26-Jun-08 14:37:00

As the title says partner moving in the next month or so with ds and me, do I just tell them and they will stop it?.....

PurpleOne Thu 26-Jun-08 15:03:39

Yes, give them a phone call or write them a letter. Be sure to let Housing Benefit people know too - if you claim that.

Good Luck!

gillybean2 Thu 26-Jun-08 20:34:43

You also need to tell the council and will have to pay council tax and at the full rate, not reduced one person.

Hope he knows how much he's taking on financially! Worth it though i'm sure

Congratulations and best wishes to you all for a happy future together.


Tinkerbel6 Fri 27-Jun-08 09:24:56

nelix also tell tax credits as they will have to adjust your child tax credits, but you can make a claim for joint working tax credit.

nelix2000 Fri 27-Jun-08 10:47:42

Thanks all.....Gilly "he" is a she but yes....she knows what she is doing lol...I think the fact she is a she also helps...she "gets" the impact of it all...thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now