Today I am sad .....

(7 Posts)
ninenicknames Thu 15-Sep-16 22:31:29

Hands up lone parent from the start here.

DS "Father" no interest from the off.

DS is coming up 3 and I love him more than anything. We have a great life, friends, my family, great balance of work/home life and financially I am "ok"

But today I feel SAD.

Sad that I share not one joyous moment with DS's "Father" he doesn't care, he never has yet I still think how can he not care?

Arghhhhh just one of those days I suppose.

sad

I have tried (not begging!) but in the practical sense for contact but he has ZERO interest. I just hope DS will know I tried, I tried for him.

DeliaClartpepperTheThird Thu 15-Sep-16 23:00:51

He'll know. Sounds like he isn't missing out on love X

I'll never understand how some fathers can just block their child out of their lives. At best I think the guilt makes them bury their heads in the sand. But really I haven't got a fucking clue.

My ex is in our baby's life with fortnightly visit. But I gave up long ago trying to share special moments. I would email photos and get nothing back. He says he misses him but won't come more often. It does make me sad too.

Shockedbyfolk Fri 16-Sep-16 09:12:32

Awe its a shame the Dad doesn't want to be involved as every child deserves to have two loving parents in their life, however, life isn't like that :-(

What reason does the Dad give for not wanting to be in his child's life?

ninenicknames Fri 16-Sep-16 09:25:28

He just says he can't.

As PP said, DS is well loved by all my family.

Shockedbyfolk Fri 16-Sep-16 11:16:06

It could depend upon on a lot of things, some men just don't want the responsibility of a child and feel nothing for kids, others may feel that the child is the result of a casual fling and as a result feel no obligation to the child... I understand that but can't understand a father who planned to have a baby with someone and is involved with the pregnancy would not want anything to do with the child they made the choice to make...

I know my comment doesn't really help you in any way, I'm just trying to reason why some men excuse not seeing their child....

Its fab that you have such a great family, I'm sure your child will miss out on nothing as a result of that... good luck :-)

DeliaClartpepperTheThird Fri 16-Sep-16 19:14:49

Whenever I have a wobble about such things I think about one of my best mates, he never knew his dad, brought up by his mum completely solo. He's genuinely the nicest kindest well rounded person I know. Not an ounce of self pity over dad situation. He's great.

ninenicknames Fri 16-Sep-16 20:12:40

Thanks again for all your words.

It was a casual fling so I do take full responsibility, equally I'll never understand how you can not want to know your own flesh & blood.

I'll always leave the door open for DS, that's for sure.

The two of us are just fine thou, I just felt very sad yesterday, we had a big week of starting pre school. Uniforms. You know the usual milestones.

My family have been there every step of the way thankfully!

The guilt I sometimes all of the time feel is what gets me I suppose.

Happy Friday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now