Why is sticking to your word so hard!

(2 Posts)
Louw12345 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:10:08

Just had enough now with the ex wanting everything his own way. He picked his days. Then the weekend he's got them over night he kicks up a fuss saying he won't have any money so he wants them the weekend after. He gets paid every 2 weeks. So save the money yeah?
Texts today (first weekend over night) to tell me he's working Saturday so will pick them up Friday 4.30 till 7.30.
But the asked our older child to stay over on the Saturday night. As you can imagine it's pissed me right off. And now we have had an argument.
I did say your weekend you sort childcare. It's hard bringing 5 kids up and only having 10 hours in two weeks to myself (I know some people get alot less) I just don't understand why it's so fucking hard to step up to the plate

AnnettePrice Fri 09-Sep-16 10:56:04

You can't force the other parent to be a better parent. It will only stress you out and then the stress gets passed to the DCs.

Work out how you can stop being effected by the other parents fecklessness.
next time why not either ignore the txt (you could have gone away for the weekend) or just send him contact details of babysitters ;-)
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now