Really disliking my kids right now.

(6 Posts)
Hadenoughofitnow1 Tue 30-Aug-16 10:11:59

I have 4. Youngest is 5 eldest 12. In a tiny house. No money to do much over the holidays.

They wake up at 6am and just fucking fight and bicker. They take no notice of me but listened to their dad when he was here

They wouldn't have behaved like this when he was here.

I feel like smacking their arses and I don't smack!

I feel so disrespected and I'm so down about stuff already. I don't know what to do. If exDh had a bigger place id aeriohsly be asking him to take one or more because I can't do this

MinnielovesMickey Tue 30-Aug-16 10:17:40

Sorry you are feeling this way, the summer holidays can be really tough, especially when you are on your own and you feel there is no rest or escape.

Your kids are at ages where they should be able to understand feelings and behaviours so I strongly recommend talking to them about how their behaviour is making you feel, your eldest should be helping out with the younger ones, not making it more difficult.

I know this probably isn't the answer you wanted to hear but didn't want to read and run. Take each day at a time and set ground rules at the beginning of the day on what you expect from them, school is back soon so hang in there xx

MumUndone Tue 30-Aug-16 10:18:06

Do you get a break at all? Does their dad take some or all of them sometimes? I only have one and am not doing it alone but often feel fed up and irritable, so I can only imagine looking after 4! It must be tough.

Lilaclily Tue 30-Aug-16 10:19:36

Have you got a legal agreement in place so that he has them every other weekend and a night in the week or something ?

Hadenoughofitnow1 Tue 30-Aug-16 10:25:57

Oh yes he has them a lot. But their behaviour when here is atrocious. It's constant. They are rude to me, hit each other, pay no attention to me.

They don't do it at his house.

lukeymom Tue 27-Sep-16 23:59:36

Hope everything went back to normal in the end. Kids usually do fight and bicker when they get bored. Mine do.They are 4 & 8. The eldest starts it. They can be sitting there playing together with toys for about an hour or so.My son loves to build things and create different settings to play with his cars and diggers etc. My youngest will join in. I think great they are playing happily and I can relax.Then eventually the eldest will start nodding the little one around,he cries and then they start throwing the toys around and shouting. I tell them to stop it but the often take no notice. At time I've got to the point where I feel like cracking up. My son's will make a complete mess of the rooms and just leave it, even though I always tell them to tidy up,they won't.
The fighting part as I say often starts when they get bored,and I tell them this and my eldest son admits he's bored. So I try and think of something for them to do.Maybe play outside for a bit,take a ball to kick around in the park. Let them out on scooters or bikes. It breaks the boredom and monotony up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now