how to stop the loneliness

(5 Posts)
moonmeat Fri 19-Aug-16 21:55:21

Im a single mother to a 3 year old, when he's awake i put all my energy into playing with him, cooking, cleaning when its time to sit down at night how does everyone cope with the empty feeling?
I feel like everyone is moving forwards with their life (im a young mum and dont have many mum friends my age) and here i am sat at my table with a Chinese for one and cbb on in the background. Exp is messing me around with custody so i cant go out at night to do any hobbies as ds is always here.
I used to be such a fun person and now all i do is sit and cry please tell me how to get through this?

Molly333 Mon 17-Oct-16 06:08:38

I've been in your position and yes it's grim. My advice is throw yrself into education , do something for you to allow you to refocus away from the lonely to the " I'm achieving to make my life better" . Try and do it when the little ones in nursery or do a class at night with a babysitter . It doesn't hv to be anything big just a small class but it will make you feel so good about you . I did this and ten yrs on I hv a degree and a new career 😊

charlybear7 Wed 19-Oct-16 21:09:34

I'm very lonely too, I feel your pain x

RolfsBabyGrand Mon 31-Oct-16 21:58:31

God posting in August and not getting replies till October can't have helped.

I am in same position. Wake up and think "how am I going to get through today." I think I just have to accept that this is how life will be for few more years, it's bittersweet cos I love this age that my DC is at but feel like my own life has disappeared. All the usual stuff people tell lonely people to do - join groups, go to gym etc - can't be done when you have a small child to put to bed.

9troubledwaters Mon 31-Oct-16 22:06:48

I feel your pain, im lonely too. I feel lonely even with friends though, they have their lives to get back to.
Id love to retrain & end up with a new career Molly what did you do?
I'm not sure id have the confidence

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now