CAFCASS first meeting

(9 Posts)
Cupoteap Sun 08-May-16 20:11:10

I've got my first meeting with them and the children have there's a few days later. I've never been involved with them or know anyone who has do am looking for some advice.

What do they ask? Do they lead or ask my thoughts?

Had the initial phone interview but it's all a bit of a blur tbh.

Tia

Peppermintteadrinker Sun 08-May-16 20:15:21

I have one coming up soon too. Not sure expect expect either.

I thought the officer was v kind on the phone (I was upset).

Not useful but wnated to post in support .

Cupoteap Sun 08-May-16 20:27:41

Thank you smile

I think I'm feeling nervous cause I got upset as well.

noworktodaywahey Sun 08-May-16 20:40:44

Hmm and I have mine this Tuesday! Have you filled in the questionnaire? I guess that's the starting point of the conversation.

Cupoteap Sun 08-May-16 20:42:52

No will have a look and see where it is thanks for that

noworktodaywahey Sun 08-May-16 20:53:58

I tried to get guidance from my solicitor on what to expect / say. Didn't really make anything clearer, but I guess think about why you are asking for whatever you are, why it's good for the kids, and then why what your ex is proposing is not in their interests. Is your meeting after Tuesday? If so I can post tues night and say what mine was like!

Fourormore Sun 08-May-16 21:45:48

Be honest, be child focused and don't criticise your ex. If you have concerns about your ex's parenting ability focus on how that impacts the children. Take notes. You are allowed to record the session but I seem to think it's advisable that you don't.

bubblegurl252 Tue 10-May-16 21:31:16

They have to remain completely unbiased, so make sure you only say what is in the best interest of the children and do not say anything negative about your ex. You need to ensure they know you are focused on what is best for your child.

noworktodaywahey Tue 10-May-16 22:05:47

So I had mine today. An impressive professional woman who clearly knows her stuff. They ask the questions and you answer - if you go in with the mind set that cafcass are interested in what is best for the children so be 100 per cent honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now